Image: TLCCHANNEL

Will The Little Couple Return for Season 12 on TLC?

The Little Couple is an American reality television series on TLC that debuted May 26, 2009.[1] The series features Bill Klein and Jennifer Arnold, who both have skeletal dysplasia. Arnold is 96.5 cm (3’2″) and Klein 122 cm (4 feet) tall. They moved from New York, after Jen completed her pediatric residency and masters of medical education at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.

The Little Couple

The world is a big place, and for some it’s even bigger and more challenging. For husbands and wife daily wife Bill Klein and Jennifer Arnold – who both have dwarfism – daily life is just that little bit trickier to navigate. The stars of the TLC reality television show The Little Couple (which first premiered May 26th 2009) are just 96.5cm (Jen) and 122cm (Bill) tall, and together they are forced to contend with both the normal highs and lows of married life, and raising two children, as well as the not so normal challenges of their condition. The show has enjoyed continued success, with its 11-th season airing on Tuesday, January 5th 2016. The couple were originally introduced to audiences on a one-hour TLC special, Little People: Just Married and were so popular they were given their own spin-off show. The Little Couple has so far aired 11 seasons, comprising of 134, 30-minute episodes and is produced by LMNO Productions, with Adrian Herrera (Unusual Suspects) Paul Yates (Top Secret Swimming Holes) Ryan Ely (Kitchen Nightmares) and Scott Reynolds (Murder Book), acting as executive producers.

So what sort of elements does the show incorporate? Well, apart from the struggles that are involved with being little people, it shows the progression of the couples’ lives over the years. When season one began the pair had just moved to Houston, Texas, and the show followed them as they attempted to have their home built, as well as trying to have a child. When we meet them, Bill has taken a job as a medical supplies and telemarketing businessman, and Jen has become a neonatologist working at the Texas Children’s Hospital. Around the fourth season, Bill opened Rocky&Maggie – a pet salon and organic pet food store – in Rice Village Houston, named after their two dogs, which is managed by Arnold’s mother, Judy. In season 5, the audience gets to see the couple move into their custom-built dream home, and launch an all-new business, as well as adopt a son named Will from China – who also has dwarfism. Not long afterwards they also adopted a daughter, Zoey from India, who like Will has dwarfism. Towards the end of the fifth season it was revealed that Jen was suffering from a rare form of cancer, a stage 4 choriocarcinoma, due to a bad pregnancy she had suffered in 2013. The pair kindly allowed the show to document them dealing with the struggle of her illness. During season 6, the show features Jen’s cancer treatment (which thankfully she makes a full recovery from) as well as Will’s 4th birthday, and Jen’s 40th. So, the couple have dealt with more than their fair share of ups and downs, just like most people, and also had to contend with the struggles of being smaller than most.

So whilst we can see that the show has resonated with audiences, has it managed to stay in their hearts, or is popularity for Bill and Jen starting to wane? The show has been very popular for TLC, with the latest premier attracting over 2.6 million viewers – making it one of the network’s most successful shows. The Little Couple has also had great review feedback, with a respectable 7 out of 10 score on IMDB, and an amazing 5 out of 5 stars on content streaming website, Amazon Instant Video. So it was of little surprise that this gem of a show was given the green light for a new season by TLC on April 3rd of this year. However, the horizon might not be as bright as it would seem, as shortly after the announcement of the renewal, the production company LMNO filed a lawsuit against TLC, putting the future of the series in doubt. The suit (specifically against parent company Discovery), noted a breach of contract and copyright infringement, accusing the “giant media company of conspiring with a criminal extortionist” to seize control of 6 of the production companies shows, including The Little Couple. This came after LMNO fell into financial difficulty, and apparently Discovery used this to take advantage of their troubled situation to wrest control. As a result LMNO ordered termination notices of the six shows in question, leaving The Little Couple hanging in the balance. Whether or not this means that the show will return again or be left to fall into oblivion remains to be seen.

There are currently no Blu-Ray copies of The Little Couple available to buy, but you can get hold of the 1st season DVD (for the jaw-dropping price of $86, suggesting it is out of print), and season 6 for a far more reasonable $19.95. If you would rather get hold of the show at a normal price, then you can do so online via content streaming service, Amazon Instant Video, (but only season 5 onwards, which is probably due to the lawsuit). Each episode will set you back $2.99, or you can pick up each of the latter five seasons in their entirety for $24.99, $14.99, $19.99, $24.99, $9.99, and $14.99 respectively. The reason for this odd pricing is that Amazon have split some of the seasons in half, and changed the back episodes to later seasons, which is somewhat confusing, but not uncommon for shows that have had multiple seasons. Additionally, If you live within the US, you can also try and catch reruns on Dish Network: 183 (HD/SD), 4DTVDigital: AMC-10-604, DirecTV 280 (HD/SD), Verizon FiOS: 639(HD)/139(SD), AT&T U-verse: 1250(HD)/250(SD). Unfortunately, if you are outside of the US, then YouTube is going to be your only chance at watching some episodes.

Do you think a show about little people is a great way to introduce people to the condition, or do you think it is exploiting those with struggles for viewing numbers? How do you feel about the fact that the show might not return due to outside influence – are you sad that Bill and Jen might not return to the screen, or after 10 seasons do you think this is a fitting farewell to the couple? Are you a fan of the show and have a particular season that stands out in your eyes – what was it that made it the best for you? As always, we want to hear what our users have to say, so if you have some spare time feel free to pop your thoughts and musings down in the comments section below, and connect with other readers on the site. Plus if you want to know instantly whether your favourite shows will be around to binge on next season then just click the subscribe button! You’ll receive news and updates on whether your selected television shows have been renewed or cancelled, and you’ll receive an automatic email when the exact release date for the eleventh season of The Little Couple when it is officially announced by TLC.

108 Comments on "Will The Little Couple Return for Season 12 on TLC?"

lorraine

I can’t believe that tlc would hesitate to renew the little couple. It is excellent,quality television. TLC doesn’t seem to have a problem promoting or televising anything and everything Duggar…..what a shame.

Susan
Susan

Wouldn’t give the Duggars one second of my time, but Jen, Bill, Will & Zoey are people of integrity and high moral value. We’ve been with them since day 1 and would hate for them to no longer be part of our lives. We have been looking forward to seeing how their lives progress. Please make that happen!

Mab
Mab

Did you even READ the article before commenting!?

Nancy Brown
Nancy Brown

Please, please come back on.

SUSAN FULTON
SUSAN FULTON

LOVE THIS FAMILY! I WANT IT TO COME BACK NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES.

Rebecca
Rebecca

Any excuses to make money! Why do the fans of the Little Couple have to suffer? I watched this show from the beginning and it’s my favorite! Please bring the Little Couple back!

Shalom
Shalom

TV is not worth watching, without The Little Couple. I watch Counting on because it is decent. but I had adopted The Little Couple as family. TLC, and the Discovery Channel needs to just let another DECENT channel have The Little Couple and let them make the good money and ratings.

DAL
DAL

PLEASE !!!!! Bring them back !! They seem like part of my family
and I miss them a lot !

Paula
Paula

Why take off a good show but leave crappie ones one…like…….Kardashians, cody brown an yes counting on

Carole Anthony
Carole Anthony

I want them back it is a great show

Katt Sha
Katt Sha

I absolutely love this show and it’s so refreshing to watch an actual family show. I love to see the children’s lives as they are growing up and to watch these amazing parents navigate through the challenges of parenting. I also enjoy learning how people of different struggles manage difficulties in life and move forward in a positive way. I feel like I know the little couple and their family, they bring a special joy and powerful message to many of us. Please let there be more seasons! Lots of love from the southern fans in Alabama!

Stella Trainer {Canada}
Stella Trainer {Canada}

Please let this show return, such a wonderful family show.

Karen
Karen

Please don’t cancel the Little Couple. I really enjoy the show. I live in Canada & look forward to the show on TLC.

Linda
Linda

I love the show. It shows that little people are just like everyone else. They just have to adapt different. I think it is a good way to remove the fear and stigma some people have about little people.

Linda
Linda

Mary

I can’t believe they are even considering canceling this show!!! If they going to cancel a show Cancel, Counting On! At least the Arnold’s have a message to get out! Not to obey your husband and have as many kids that you can!

Teresa Williams
Teresa Williams

Love Bill Jen and the kids!! I will be. I will be very disappointed if the don’t return!!!

Robin Stanley
Robin Stanley

Love to watch them…plz bring them back!!

Ann
Ann

Please — less Dugger/Brown/gypsy drama and more happy, normal Klein family seasons. Totally enjoy Little Couple.

Susan
Susan

Miss this show. Want to see how they are all doing. The family is inspirational!

bobbie
bobbie

love this show, please keep it on.

Maryann

So looking forward for the Little Couple to return for Season 12.
A wonderful heartwarming show.
They need to return. If that’s what they want.
I am sure it is tough raising a family, and being televised.

Kim
Kim

Please come back I love this family, they are real and it’s so sad that so many good family shows are so few. Miss the kids, the dogs and the love this family shows from low times to happy times! Bring them back!

Carolyn Spears
Carolyn Spears

The Little Couple is one of the best shows on T V. My absolute favorite as well as all my friends. Please return the wonderful heartwarming, funny & informative show. My grandchildren r adopted so show is very special to our community!

Bettina
Bettina

Why fix something that was not broken??? My household Love The Little Couple!!!

Dorinda

It’s nothing to do with the Arnold’s or their show but the issues are with BIG corporations and $$$$ of course there is a law suit against Discovery and TLC that affects The Little Couple and 5 other shows?

Jody
Jody

Please put the Little Couple back on. They are such an inspiration to me. Having had to adopt 2 children and having one who is deaf and has cerebral palsy that program hit home with me. Please put them back on!!!!!!!!

Becky
Becky

I really enjoyed this show. I loved watching this family grow before our eyes. I can’t believe TLC would even think about cancelling this show. I have learned to have more respect for little people and all the various obstacles they come up against and how they ‘jump’ over them so boldly! Please bring them back…we want to see Will and Zoey grow up!! It’s very enjoyable!!!

Shelly
Shelly

Please bring the show back! I couldn’t believe it when I read it may not be renewed. Everyone loves this show. This is truly a quality show with good family values unlike the Kardashians and many of the other reality shows. It has been one of my favorite shows for years. The viewers want to see more of the inspirational adorable Klein family. Bill and Jen are great and the kids are just beyond adorable, Rocky and Maggie too!

lauretta mayes
lauretta mayes

Please, Please, Please return. Your family sets the best example of life and family. We all love the children

Joyce
Joyce

I think The Little Couple show has helped people be more informed and educated about the daily lives of people who have dwarfism.
The show is so wonderful. Please don’t take it off the air.
I rather view The Little Coupke show than Counting On,

Joyce
Joyce

The show is so wonderful. Please don’t take it off the air.
I rather view The Little Couple show than Counting On,

Janis
Janis

Please leave the Little Couple on the air,so ugh better then the Duggers and a few other shows. It is my favoret

Pamela Fain
Pamela Fain

We miss The little Couple! It’s one of the few shows worth watching anymore!!

Sandra Curro
Sandra Curro

I hope the new season will move forward, or even show reruns on TLC

Julie
Julie

i want it back, my favorite show

Shirley

Please have then return I love that show it is good to see fun things that they show their kids and educate them what is out there.

Sharon Montag
Sharon Montag

Totally look forward to new episodes of the little couple.Hope it returns soon. Wonderful reality.

Eileen Brawley
Eileen Brawley

BEEN WAITING FOR THE LITTLE COUPLE TO RETURN SINCE SEPT. PLEASE PLEASE BRING THEM BACK SOON!! LOOOKING FORWARD TO SEE HOW WILL AND ZOE HAS GROWN.!!!!!!

Renee moody
Renee moody

I hope the show will return i a big fan

Judy Bailor
Judy Bailor

Love this show it makes you feel good and just watching Will and Zoey puts a smile on my face. Credit to Bill and Jen for all they have been thru and accomplished. I really hope this comes back.

Denise

I’m ready for the next season of the “Little Couple”. It’s so nice to see a fresh view of others struggle that most of us are unaware. I really hope it comes back on for another season. Watching the show draws us in to part of their family. I rejoice in their triumphs and feel their pain during their trials. Anxious to watch the children grow into the awesome people they are raised with!

Darlene Demeritt
Darlene Demeritt

THE ONE SHOW THAT MOST PEOPLE LOVED AND YOU TOOK IT OFF THE AIR?

larry
larry

please, please bring back ‘The Little Couple”, one of the only reality shows worth watching

Haley
Haley

I love this family I would be sad because I watched them since day 1 and I just reallky don’t want them to go off the TV and it shows us problems that we need to deal with in our life.

Haley
Haley

I miss spelled really by accident

Tanya Villanueva
Tanya Villanueva

If TLC can renew “Sister Wives” for it’s fall line up… Surely it can do the same for the “Little Couple” which is much more popular and longer running. With an avid following of loyal fans. We miss them and want them back.

Dorinda
Dorinda

Think it’s disgusting that once again stupidity and irresponsibility in BIG corparations ruin it for the general public and for Jennifer and Bill. I would LOVE To see what’s been going on in their lives. Wish these companies would pull their heads out of their BUTTS and make things GOOD!
We want Jen,Bill and the kids BACK!

Mrs. Bowling
Mrs. Bowling

I’m very upset about this our household miss the show alot please bring the show back.

Alison Morgan
Alison Morgan

They bring back Kate Plus 8 – with not just Kate whining but now her twins joining in – I not only don’t watch that I mute the previews. But not the Little Couple? Jen has been through so much and Bill has been by her side through it all. And the children are adorable! PLEASE bring it back! Whatever channel it airs on that’s where I’ll be!

Alechia

Man the little couple are awesome.. I can’t believe TLC would consider not renewing them.. We all can’t wait to see will and zoey grow up we have followed them from day one and to end it without even telling us is crazy.. Y’all could at least let us know what is going on in an interview or something when things like this happen to any show.. So at least your viewers know what is up.. Thank you can’t wait to see more LITTLE COUPLE…

E. Fata
E. Fata

love this couple and their adorable children. What a beautiful example of a loving family. Please, please, bring them back!!!

Sharon
Sharon

I love watching this show! I admire & respect Bill and Jen so much. Such a positive show for all to see, for so many varied reasons! We can all learn from them. Upstanding, courageous, loving family oriented couple!

Donna Walker
Donna Walker

It would break my heart if they don’t renew the little couple.This show has brought so much joy to my family and I and we would love to see more of the Arnolds.

Nancy
Nancy

I hope the show is renewed, I miss watching the series. Love the family!!

Iva
Iva

This show should definitely be aired. One of the best!