Image: SoHo

Wentworth has been picked up for a Fifth season to premiere in Spring 2017

Release Date of #Wentworth S5: Spring 2017

Wentworth is an Australian television drama series, which originally premiered on May 1st, 2013. The series is also known as @Wentworth Prison. Set in modern day Australia, the series focuses on Bea Smith (played by Danielle Cormack) as she enters in to the prison system after being convicted by the murder of her husband. The series is executive produced by Jo Porter and produced by Amanda Crittenden. The creators of the series include Lara Radulovich, David Hannam, and Reg Watson. The fourth season of the series premiered on May 10th, 2016.

What is the show about?

The show follows the journey of Bea Smith from her first day in prison after being convicted of murdering her husband. Smith is estranged from her daughter after being sent to the #Wentworth Prison. While waiting to be sentenced for the crime she has been convicted of, she lives in an “uncertain limbo”. Bea begins her life at the bottom of the prison chain, and the show explores the trials and tribulations of her daily life as she learns how to live in prison. The show has been likened to the Netflix series, Orange is the New Black, except much darker and much grittier. The show is based off another older program, titled “Prisoner”.

What have the fans saying about #Wentworth?

There are many fans out there, who state that they are “absolutely in love” with the series and believe it is far better than “Orange is the New Black”. Other fans out there state the @Wentworth is “far more violent” than “Orange is the New Black” and comment that the show has “brought them to tears” on more than one occasion. Other fans have described the show as “amazing” because of the “character depth”, “the storyline”, and the “writing”. While season four just began, fans are already raving about the possibility of a season five. One fan called this series as “addicting as crack”.

Where can I watch the show?

The first three seasons of the show so far are available on Netflix. In Australia, the series airs on the Foxtel Network. Episodes are also released on YouTube weekly after thy have been released in Australia.

Where did we leave off?

The third season of the show consisted of twelve episodes. In season three, we see Bea return to Wentworth prison after her escape in season two and her “revenge murder” of Brayden Holt. By season three, Bea has moved up the ranks of the prison hierarchy to the “top dog” role where she is even “hailed” by Frankie Doyle, who was her previous successor. The end of season three ended in a dramatic showdown after Jess makes a sudden, drastic move.

Season four just began; can we expect a fifth season of the show?

There has not been an official announcement yet as to whether Wentworth will be renewed or cancelled for a fifth season. Our best guess is that the show will be renewed for a fifth season, as the show is very popular and has received nothing but positive reviews. While the show is based out of Australia, it has received international acclaim around the world. What storylines can we expect to see in a fifth season? Will Bea Smith maintain her title as queen bee in the

walls of Wentworth? Will we see any other prisoners escape? Will there be any more revenge murders?

We want to hear from you!

What do you think of the show? Do you think it is better than Orange is the New Black? Will you be tuning in for the rest of season four? Do you think there will be a season five? What is your favorite part of this show? Weigh and let us know your thoughts!

Awesome news! Foxtel has just announced that their longest running Australian drama series 'Wenworth' will be returning. The prison drama has officially been picked up for season 5. Twelve new episodes will air in 2017.

255 Comments on "Wentworth"

tiffany jack
tiffany jack

The show is amazing it is more real and emotional than the O is the new black loved it.

Alecia Cole
Alecia Cole

So agree, Tiffany!! My thoughts exactly on OITNB! Don’t,t even care to see anymore if it. Not very realistic at all, though I did afore Crazy Eyes and Poussey Washington. Such great characters! But, Washington dies and Crazy Eyes can’ carry the show by herself. My LEAST favorite character fast became the main one of Piper!!

suezeecee
suezeecee

I think both shows are equally good..why do we have to compare… because they are from different countries? Smh..both do a great job..imho..i couldn’t pick just one..

Linda Plante

Oh I agree with you and don’t forget that the O copied from Wentworth as Wentworth was the first!

Laura
Laura

That’s what I said…

Patti Koosed
Patti Koosed

Wentworth is the BEST show I have ever seen. Full of suspense and drama and I love all the characters. I am so hooked! Please keep this series going. I watch Orange is the New Black also but Wentworth is the BEST I was literally on the edge of my seat in Season 4 Episode 8

ANGELA MCBREARTY

Bea is not coming back

Janene
Janene

Same here!

mixian arbolaez
mixian arbolaez

Bea is dead she aint commin back

Laura
Laura

You have to keep watching. Don’t mean to burst your bubble but Bea won’t be

Melissa
Melissa

I couldn’t help but find myself yelling ” that crazy bitch!!” At the TV lol

Patti Koosed
Patti Koosed

Me too!

Linda Plante

I know exactly what you mean!!!

Steve
Steve

Me too !!!!! LOL

Angela

Me too it was so dramatic

Lisa
Lisa

Me too!!!! I think 4 is the best!

Linda Plante

Same here I was on the edge of my seat and I think I watched the whole season in just a couple of days………I just couldn’t stop watching!

Trudi
Trudi

I watched it in day & half!! Lol! Nothing else got done excel dinner in front of tv! Lol

Angela

I watched whole season in 24 hours

DIANNE
DIANNE

when will season 4 air on netflicks better than OITNB Wentworth is Awesome series

Jacqueline
Jacqueline

If you want to see season 4 of Wentworth go to dailymotion .com it is free.

Linda Plante

Season 4 is on Netflix now……..I just finished watching the whole season!

Trudi
Trudi

It’s on Netflix now just discovered it a day or so ago

Lee
Lee

I’m hooked. It’s one of those series that just keeps getting better. Hope to see Wentworth Prison Season 5, 6, 7, etc. Great writing, great acting, holds my interest better than most shows these days.

Linda Plante

Me too…..this is a great series and I hope they keep it going for quite some time! Every season seems to be better than the last season…………you can’t beat that!

Trudi
Trudi

AGREE!!

Grebalica
Grebalica

Best show ever.

Tricia L Reinhardt
Tricia L Reinhardt

I love this show! Best thing I’ve watched on Netflix. Blows orange is the new black out of the water.

Lisa
Lisa

Totally!

ladybug
ladybug

agre !!!

K woods
K woods

Can’t wait for season 5. This brilliant show has kept me on the edge of my seat from day 1. There must be a 5th season. Some of the best performance by an Australian cast ever. Keep it going.

Nikki
Nikki

Wentworth is by far better than Orange. I count down the minutes each week until I can see the next episode. Please keep the seasons coming!!!

Melissa
Melissa

This show is incredible! It keeps me riveted from start to finish. I can’t wait to see the coming seasons!

Kel
Kel

Million times better than orange is the new black ,it’s 2 different programmes , comedy or crime and reality!!!! went worth all the way!!!

Judes
Judes

I have never been so emotionally invested by a television show. Every season, every episode, surpasses the previous one. The actors and writers are unbelievably talented. I will be a Wentworth fan forever. The Aussie’s are a force to be reckoned with in the entertainment industry. Love that at least a couple of the actors from Wentworth now live in the U.S. Would love to run into them or at least see them in many more projects. Long Live Wentworth!

Velo
Velo

Wentworth is a keeper! I wish more than one season could be aired back to back! The suspense!! being comparing to orange is the new WHAT.??? That show is dull in comparison!! Please keep wentworth on!!!

Kylie
Kylie

Do not end this show it’s one of my favorites!!

ladybug
ladybug

but both main acters are gone !!! bea dead and frankie out

Jan
Jan

I wish people wouldn’t post spoilers for those who haven’t watched all of Season 4 yet?!!

Jeniffer
Jeniffer

I can’t wait for season 5 to be announced, these show is a drug to me,am totally addicted, it’s definitely better than orange is the new black

Rozanne
Rozanne

I absolutely LOVE Wentworth!!!!! Far above Orange for storyline and fantastic, emotional acting. The exceptional acting/manner in which Bea reacted when she learnt of the news of her daughter’s death,,,, was so incredibly real,,,, right down to the howling and almost animal like noises she could not control that came from her core. I cried and cried when I watched,,, as one who has very sadly experienced exactly this,,, the unexpected death of my daughter. I also think the character depth of Vera is a personality many people could relate to, her acting is also outstanding!!!! I find myself at work,,, thinking of what I’ve watched,,,, the characters,,, and what will happen next.
I look forward to a Season 5,6,7 and more!!!!! Congratulations to all involved for a truly engaging wonderful series,,,, thankyou!!!!!!

Diane Adams
Diane Adams

Wentworth is the best show ever. Way better i think than the show OITNB I stopped watching that because of the show Wentworth I am a true fan I hope season 5 comes on soon I love Bea Smith I hope she is in season 5. But I have to say if she isn’t I will still be watching LOVE YOU WENTWORTH. TRUE FAN

james vantol
james vantol

hi there non taking all of you ladies i love watching wentworth i have complete series of the show season 1 to 3 on dvd i always watch it on soho every tuesday night last episode on the tuesday 26th of july and its my birthday i will tune in and relax on the bed with a bowl of soup i never stop watching wentworth rest of my life thanks

jeniffer
jeniffer

its definitely way better than orange is the new black, am in the us and am addicted to these show, I have watched every episode at least more than once. I hope allie is not dead that will ruin the show and I love seeing both and allie and queen b together..

Mafalda
Mafalda

Bea can’t die is not the same I love this show

ladybug
ladybug

well shes dead !!!! i read a blog shes not on seaon 5

Kathy
Kathy

I agree!! Wentworth is the best show ever. My husband usually doesn’t watch tv shows like that. But he was hooked from the very first episode as I was. My daughter and her husband got hooked also. Episode 4 had me in tears but I wasn’t happy at all how it ended. I can’t wait for season 5 to be released.

Steven cardall
Steven cardall

Absolutely brilliant best I’ve ever seen please bring back bea she is amazing it would spoil wentworth she needs revenge or bring her back and let Ellie get revenge well done best so far

Leah
Leah

It is so much better than.n OTNB and I hope it has many seasons to come.

Angel
Angel

So first I just want to say thank you for my fbf for sending me a link every Tuesday so I am able to watch it. I definitely think it’s a lot better than the orange is black… I would rather watch a rerun of wentworth any day. I’m really sad that bee had to die I’m going to go crazy now that I have to wait until may of 2017 to see season 5… I’m praying hard that they keep this show going cause I no its definitely addictive.

Liz
Liz

OMG, I can’t wait until Season 5

Angela

That’s way too long

kim toy
kim toy

Just finished season 4. So Bea Smith is dead? I loved her. That suks!

Mike
Mike

I’ve just watched series 4 episode 12. I would like to think bea isn’t dead as Kaz woke up it might be a sign that bea will hold on too or at least I really hope so. The series won’t be the same without bea lol. But it will still be a great series none the less all we can do is wait and hope and see what series 5 brings to our screens.

Wanda
Wanda

I just seen last episode of season four. It cant be!! I dont want her to die! She is an awesome actress. We need closer. Confirmation plz such a long wait..

Dinesty
Dinesty

Will you put bea back on the show

Debbie
Debbie

I cant wait for season 5 I hope Bae doesnt die.

Cara
Cara

Best show ever but bae cannot die! It was just getting good getting so good and the way they ended it could have been way better.the better it gets the more we talk and it gets around.

Katy
Katy

Just finished S4 & it was AWESOME!!! The only thing I disliked about S4 is the fact that Frankie isn’t in it near as much as other seasons. She’s my favorite character.

Holly Volz
Holly Volz

Just finished watching season 4 of Wentworth. Spectacular!!!! I’m a binge series watcher and have had the pleasure of watching many fantastic shows…Dexter-Showtime, Breaking Bad-AMC, True Blood-HBO and Orange is the new Black on Netflix. I’m totally mesmerized by Wentworth, a series I started to watch on Netflix while waiting for new seasons of my other shows. Now it’s on the top of my wait list. Please make it easier to watch in the US…..I’m dying for season 5!!!!!!

Taylor
Taylor

Wentworth season 4 is amazing so excited for season 5!!! I really hope there is a season 5

Leighanna
Leighanna

I’m soooooo mad at how season 4 has ended x Bea took her own life thinking Ellie cat was dead x its typical that even queen B couldn’t get her happy ending not even in death x I hope Ellie really goes 2 town on Ferguson x freak is an understatement x

charlitta
charlitta

Love this show !!!

Buddy
Buddy

Will there be a 5th season since the main character Bea dies at the end of season 4 .

Christine
Christine

Need the season 5 plzs very great show love it can’t leave us hanging when is season 5 coming out

JUANITA CARTWRIGHT
JUANITA CARTWRIGHT

HURRY UP WITH SEASON 5. I AM STILL LOOKING AT MY TELEVISION WAITING FOR THE NEXT EPISODDE TO APPEAR…. I LOVE THIS SHOW… MY FAVORITE SEASON IS THREE BCUZ OF THE WARDEN… YES, PSYCHO B****

Chandler
Chandler

No way is bea dead Allie is alive I’m gonna cry

Chandler
Chandler

The fuckin freak killed bea

Lakia

Omg i was not expecting season 4 2n like that wow what the what just happened. Yasss Wentworth is definitely darker and way way more violent than Orange is the new Black. Orange is the new Black is more comedic than Wentworth

Sommer
Sommer

I love this show keep bringing more seasons!!

katie
katie

i beg the producers
please please plesssse keep bea Smith in we need her to be in season 5
it will be rubbish without her.
keep her
find away plzzz

susan
susan

Omg dont leave us hanging like this….season 5 is a must. Ive watched seasons 1 thru 3 at least 6 times…and finally get a 4th and ends on a cliff hanger….come on Bea…you got this…would love more Franky as well.

Ashley
Ashley

Way better hen oitnb and I love this am addicted to it! I ready for season 5

Debra Edwards
Debra Edwards

Wentworth is 100 times better then orange is the new black. Can’t wait for season five

Mike
Mike

I actually can’t wait till series 5. Going to be a long wait. Wentworth is one of the best series around right now. Hang in there and please come back for series 5 Bea.

Danielle Barksdale
Danielle Barksdale

I love Wentworth so much more than orange is the new black.but it’s not going to be the same without Bea Smith.im so disappointed .why would they kill off the most important person? I’m so disappointed.and sad.

Danielle Barksdale
Danielle Barksdale

They announced that their will be another season #5 2017 ,but unfortunately Bea Smith will not be in it.,I just can’t see it being the same without her. I waited all year to see Wentworth season 4.and loved every episode except for episode 12.
Season 5 isn’t going to be the same without Bea Smith.im so disappointed. That’s so rediculious.

Nic
Nic

Dont get rid of bea or frankie they make the show i think it will lose at lot of fans

Angie
Angie

Just binge watched season 4…..AWESOME

octava
octava

I really love the Wentworth is better than the Orange is the New Black and they have way more drama and then it wait for season 5

keecha
keecha

Can’t wait for season 5…the show is so good I almost cry when season 4 end

christina
christina

This show is awesome and Is super intense I love it just watch all of season 4 in one day so can not wait for season 5 to come out and for me it cant come fast enough got to say hands down one of my most favorite tv series I’ve seen on netflix keep the episodes on comin

Jennifer Ban
Jennifer Ban

Wentworth my favorite show ever and is way better than orange is the new black. The storyline is much better and there is much more action going on. There has to be a season 5 this show is too good to stop now. Team Bea all the way ❤️? Also I just want to say this show gives me anxiety, that’s how much of a good show it is lol. My eyes are stuck on the screen and I’m literally yelling at the TV “Oh my god! What’s gonna happen next?!”