Image: Discovery Family

No decision has been made as yet regarding the further production of Transformers: Rescue Bots Season 5

Release Date of #TRB S5: To be announced

Transformers: Rescue Bots is an American children’s comedy program that currently airs on the Discovery Family Network (and has been since 2014). The program aired on the Hub Network from 2012 to 2014. The series follows the adventures of four young “bots” and their “human counterparts”.

In addition to the television series, there is also a line of toys and book series that are all based on The Transformers toy set. The series is produced by Hasbro Studios for the Discovery Family Channel. Nicole Dubuc, Brian Hohlfeld, and Jeff Kline develop the series. Executive producers include Jeff Kline, Brian Hohlfield, and Frank Molieri. The series originally premiered on February 18th, 2012. Season four of the series started on April 23rd, 2016.

Can you tell me more about the premise of the series?

The series is based on the fictional island of Griffin Island that is located off the coast of the real state, Maine. This is where the Rescue Bots are located. In case you are wondering what a Rescue Bot is, they are part of a group of “Autobots that have been designed for rescue missions”.

The Rescue Bots team consists of Heatwave, Boulder, Blades, and Chase. Heatwave is the leader of the group and is a fire engine bot. Boulder is a bulldozer bot, Blades is a helicopter pilot, and Chase is a police car bot. The main focus of the Rescue Bots is educating children regarding hazards.

In the show, the bots all follow direction from Optimus Prime for all of the active Autobots that come to Earth. The bots come out of a long stasis to learn what happened to Cybertron and that they are the only Rescue Bot team that remains.

Optimus Prime doesn’t believe that the Rescue Bot team is ready to join the Deceptions, so instead he pairs them with the Burns Family. The Burns Family is a team of first response rescuers who deal with various emergencies and disasters here on Planet Earth. Since this is a television show, it really emphasizes family values, combined with their newfound friends on Earth, the bots learn all about teamwork and heroism.

How can I watch this program?

The first three seasons of the series are available on YouTube and Netflix.

What’s up in season four of the series?

The series premiered on April 23rdwith back-to-back episodes. There are brand new female characters on the show this season. The new bots will include Quickshadow (who is voiced by Alex Kingston) and Chickadee (who is voiced by Kristen Schaal). Season four will see the bots battle an alien invasion, which forces the bots to reveal their true extraterrestrial nature to the members of Griffin Rock.

At the beginning of May, the voice actor Jeff Bennett (who is the voice of many of the characters on the show including Ultramagnus and Mixmaster) received the “Creative Arts Emmy for Best Performer in an Animated Program”.

What’s Next?

While season four just began, we are anxiously looking ahead to season five. There has not been an official announcement, as of yet as to whether the show will be picked up for another season. We are anxiously awaiting the

announcement! What do you think will happen if there is? Will we see the addition of new bots in the fifth season like we did this season? What new storylines do you think there will be?

We want to hear from you!

Do you enjoy the show? How do you feel about season four of the show? Do you think the show will be renewed for a fifth season? Weigh in and let us know your thoughts!

13 Comments on "Transformers: Rescue Bots"

autumn barclay
autumn barclay

Hey everyone, I am a big TF RB fan and I can’t wait for season 5, I heard it’s debut is in 2019, so until then, I will stay loyal to the Rescue Bots, so whad’ya say people, will you fans stay loyal too? Comment if you agree and I’m up for a conversation if anyone wants.

autumn barclay
autumn barclay

Hey everyone, as a big Rescue Bots who is forced to wait until 2019 for season 5, I will remain loyal to the beloved show, what about you guys?, are you all loyal fans of the show? I’m free for a conversation if you want.

autumn barclay
autumn barclay

Whoops, sorry for the double comment. 😬

autumn barclay
autumn barclay

I got a really good idea for a future RB episode: Quickshadow is doing a rescue in Faxian and she almost falls off a ledge when a new bot catches her and helps her with the rescue, he reveals his name to be Tiger Claw and he says he’s looking for Griffin Rock since he’s one of Heatwave’s new students so she takes him to Griffin Rock and they meet up with Heatwave, Tiger Claw says Optimus gave him coordinates to Faxian instead of Griffin Rock, any way, a few days after Quickshadow returns to China and Tiger Claw starts his training, they actually start to miss each other, and on the Sunday when all the teams get together, Quickshadow finds Tiger Claw on the landing pad of the Training Centre and immediately runs to him and hugs him, Heatwave watching from behind the corner, Quickshadow is all lovey-dovey towards him and even goes as far as kissing him, once she finally pulls away and leaves him, Heatwave confronts him about it and Tiger Claw reveals he was not the one who started it, then they find out that Quickshadow has a rare condition that causes her to fall in love with any mech she comes into close contact with, so Blades has to take time off to search for ingredients for a cure that can permanently cure her condition. Once he finally returns, Tiger Claw is tired of Quickshadow’s affection, so all that stops once he cures her.

How about that then?

laina

great idea. I’ve heard their making a new TV show called rescue bots academy. I’m guessing its about heatwave training they others. I so wish heatwave and quick shadow would fall in love it would be so awesome. you know that warm feeling? ever since I saw them I thought they went together. but how do you think they would fall in love? can transformers love. When I watched transformers the last night optimums became good when he heard bumble bees voice. perhaps they can feel feelings

laina

hey so I was thinking this idea, but its quite far out. so say the next season or so is when coty and franky are grown up and they’ve got rescue bots of their own. cici could take over cotys job as the eyes, and guessing that she’s smart she could be an inventor too. they could also have others join them, and new villains such as Pricilla pinch or someone new. I’m tired of maroco . also blurr salvage hightide and quickshadow need partners. so I think what makes a good partner is someone the opposite of the bot. so for blurr you could do someone slow, so blurr wouldn’t be super fast and his partner wouldn’t be super slow, making them even. okay for salvage I always think Woodrow burns is perfect, I don’t know why. quickshadow is usually wanting to do things all by herself a lot like heatwave was when he first got to griffen rock. now heatwave injoys his partner. I think if qickshadow got a partner the results would be the same. I’m not so sure who hightide should have as a partner. tell me what you think

laina

I cant wait until the next season of transformers rescue bots! in it I want to see more of the place boulder and gram went. I mean its like a society being built. also they so need more rescue bots. and if they made it a real movie it would be so cool. and I think they need a new villain. maybe even a decepticon. and it would be so awesome if quickshadow fought one, you know. Does anybody have some ideas??? also I want to see more of Amy, the girl gram likes. so maybe they should start the next season with this new villain I keep wanting. the villain should maybe kidnap frankie and then coty could save her and they could finally realize they like each other. so for the villain I was thinking a bad decepticon but he does have a streak of good, maybe he could have been one of heatwaves never spoken of team members, they others thought he had died and soon forgot about him, but soon they realize he’s still alive, but just in staccis. when he gets out, his memory is all messed up and he thinks heatwave is his enemy. after that he begins a war, in the end though he’s conveyed back, but he secretly unleashed an even badder evil. what would his name be???? and what do you think???????

laina

so I think they are making more transformers. here are my reasons. kernel Cory escaped, and they just introduced a new villain, his brother. they cant just leave it at that. also optimums tells cici that she has an important thing to do. and quickshadow definitely has something in her past. maybe she had a team, but it turned on her, leaving her to not like teams. optimums sees this and put her with the rescue bots hopping she would soon learn to trust others, I mean she already knows how to do things, and the rescue bots did not need to learn anything from her, perhaps there’s more to her than meets the eye. also on the episode when kernel corys brother kidnapped the lion heatwave said something about star scream. how does he know about him??? this leads me to think that their preparing a whole nother story line, or even a new villain. transformers rescue bots is not finished I just know that these unexplained questions have to have answers.

laina

hello, so I was thinking there should be more rescue humans. they need another girl if you ask me. I so think they should make cici older and have her take over cotys job, or wait, maybe she should be hightides partner. remember the one when she was giant. I think hightide enjoyed her. maybe this is a hint that they will be partners in the future.

laina

lol, I was just thinking of that time when boulders just like, the names passcur. if you ask me the rescue bots are ready for another challenge, sure they got their new mission which is so amazing, but they need to add more excitement more villains, you know all that stuff, even explosions. but I suppose it is a kids show, but I really really want a new villain. you’ve got to now how that is.

laina

can anyone tell me if their getting my post, it may not be working. send me a post back. I want to hear about more rescue bot fans and what you have to say. I am hear every day. we know there may be another season, but we measwell keep chatting it out. it is over a whole year

laina

lol, what if they added a girl rescue bot for all the guys? kind of weird but cute.

laina

hey, since no one is replying, do you guys know any more awesome cartoons. some of my favorite include ben ten, the old one, swat cat, jem and the holograms, and even my little pony is addicting. this morning I realized zac storm isn’t too bad. ill be waking up at seven to watch it. someone talk to me!!!