Image: UP network

It was announced that Ties That Bind would not return for a Second season

#TiesBind Cancelled, No Season Two :(

Ties That Bind is a drama series airing on the UP network. The series premiered in August 2015 and the first season will consist of 10 episodes. The series follows detective Allison McLean (Kelli Williams) as she takes on some new responsibilities. There has been no word yet on a second season for the series, but it is still very early.

What It’s About?

The show revolves around Allison McLean as she tries to balance the life of a detective in Seattle while being a wife to Matt (Jonathan Scarfe) and a mother to teenagers, Jeff (Mitchell Kummen) and Rachel (Natasha Calis). Things get even more complicated when she and her partner have to arrest her brother, Tim (Luke Perry), for aggravated assault he is convicted and goes to prison. His children, Cameron (Rys Matthew Bond) and Mariah (Matreya Scarrwene), come to live with McLean and her family as an alternative to foster care. She must quickly adapt to raising four teens while still working to fight local crime.

Where We Left Off?

McLean and her husband find out a startling secret about the marriage of a friend. This leads McLean and her partner to an investigation. Meanwhile, Mariah writes some poetry for class that doesn’t go down well with the teacher.

What’s Next?

In the next episode of TB, two brother’s complicated relationship makes an investigation difficult for McLean and her partner. Allison and Matt go on a romantic date and Cameron and Mariah break the rules of the house, challenging Jeff and Rachel. Later in the season, Alison gets accused of brutality. Mariah and Cameron’s mother is released from rehab. One of Matt’s employees gets involved with a slavery ring and Allison’s help is enlisted.

There has been no word on a second season just yet. It is still fairly early in the first season of the series so that’s not too surprising. It could take some time for the network to evaluate the ratings for the new series and to come to a decision on its future. It doesn’t look like Cameron and Mariah will be leaving any time this season so that would be a continuing plot through the second season of the series were it to be renewed.

The only detail it gives about the finale for season 1 is that Tim will make a tragic choice because of how Cameron looks up to Allison. This probably means that Tim is going to die in some fashion so it seems likely that the kids will be staying with Allison and Matt for the time being.

It is possible that their mother could be involved again and take the kids, but if there were to be the case, Allison would probably insist on keeping an eye on the kids given their mother’s instability. We will have to wait for the season to finish for an announcement about another season of the show and longer still for details about what could be coming next.

We Want To Hear From You!

What do you think of #TiesBind so far? Is Allison going to be able

to keep up this difficult home life and work life or is something going to give? How will the kids test Allison and Matt’s limits in the future? Tell us all about it in the comments below

Are you a big fan of #TB? Stay in the loop with our email notifications. It only takes one click to sign up and start receiving updates on your favorite show. Never miss out on the latest news again.

42 Comments on "Ties That Bind"

Carlita Wilds
Carlita Wilds
1 year 8 months ago

I really like this show and see the children becoming more stable. Although hectic, they need a since of belonging right now .

Alanna Rushing
Alanna Rushing
1 year 6 months ago

My mom and family love this show, every Friday night we would watch the next episode together. Can’t wait for the release of season two!

Vickie
Vickie
1 year 6 months ago

Love this show! Great cast & ongoing story. Hope it returns for a second season. The sooner the better.

Patty Meyer
Patty Meyer
1 year 5 months ago

Watched a marathon on Sunday night, opposite the Vikings game. I want so much to see more. Please let me know when the second season starts.

Robert Tedford
Robert Tedford
1 year 4 months ago

From episode one this series grabbed hold on me. While occasionally a little sugary the acting is ALL first rate and the story lines compelling. I really hope this series
enjoys a long life!!,

marissa brown
marissa brown
1 year 4 months ago

I love this show! I am dedicated to watching it! Its my favorite show! I miss it tho

Sasha Sabbeth
Sasha Sabbeth
1 year 3 months ago

This show is great on many levels. The character development of all of the characters is balanced, believable, and good chemistry amongst all of the character actors/actresses

crystal
crystal
1 year 3 months ago

this show is so great and should have many seasons don’t cancel it or end it early because we love it a lot can’t wait for season 2

Angela F Narvaez
Angela F Narvaez
1 year 2 months ago

It was a good family show with values. I hope they will reconsider and bring back the show. There are not too many good family shows on television anymore.

Erin
Erin
1 year 13 days ago

I like the show keep it. Why do they always cancell the wholesome shows.

JCV
JCV
1 year 17 hours ago

I watched all the shows at once, I love the show,Please! Bring it back!

Isabella
Isabella

I just watch the first episode and I’m already in love with it. As a teen I can look and see what they are going through even if they are just acting it really helps to you to see that not everyone out there has a stable family. I look around and see that people I go to school I can have family issue just like the show. SO PLEASE I’M BEGGING YOU DON’T CANCEL SEASON TWO.

Isabella
Isabella

I also want to say this show is a good mix of crime and family problem. Something about show is amazing!!!
Plz don’t cancel

susan ganzer
susan ganzer

love this show.. want more seasons

Oldmama
Oldmama

Want to see more seasons…we were left hanging. Where is Vameron?

Harriet Haskins
Harriet Haskins

Love the show . Looking forward to season 2.

Kayd
Kayd

Loved it hope a second season starts

Evie
Evie

WhY!!!!! I was totally enjoying this show. No bad language..no sex…to worry about. We need more shows like this. WHY!!!!! Please bring it back.

Carroll
Carroll

Great show and great acting crew. Where is Season 2? Let’s get the ball rolling! My family and I love watching this show.

Milissa
Milissa

I love show! Please don’t cancel it.

Geraldine favasuli
Geraldine favasuli

I loved it please bring back

Josie
Josie

Just discovered this series on Pure Flix. Watched all the episodes in one weekend… It was excellent..

Why was it cancelled? Is there any chance of picking it up again

I love that it was a detective program and a family program. … excellent plots and action …

Yet NO foul language! How refreshing!

Very close to being on par with “Blue Bloods”!

Please bring it back!

: )

8 21 16
————–

DiAne
DiAne

I just discovered this series and am really, really disappointed that season 2 was cancelled. My sister is a retired police detective…and this has been so great to see cops who respectfully support each other on a personal level, a family that makes progress in loving beyond measure. I was looking forward to seeing Cameron mature even more.

Guest
Guest

I just binge watched this show and love it and am left wanting more, Where is Cameron Is he alright. I see a show with loving family and it’s not doing a second season when the trash that is put on tv keeps coming. How sad but how common.

Barbara Brock
Barbara Brock

This is sad my Grandsons and have watched season 1 three times they were so anxious to see next season , so sad we are not sure we will get to see me re my grandsons 9 And 12.

Crystal
Crystal

Loved this show!! Dramatic and entertaining yet family friendly! I’m sure this is why it was cancelled- can’t compete with smut when it comes to viewer numbers.

Gary Newman
Gary Newman

We really enjoyed the stories and this excellent cast. We were looking forward to season 2. Very disappointed to see it was not renewed.

Kat
Kat

I really loved this series. I had no idea it even existed. I found it on Pure Flix. I watched all the episodes and was hoping to begin watching the next season. I really hope someone will pick it up. In such a messed up world, it is just really uplifting to see what real love looks like. Bring it back, please.

Pam
Pam

Keep it

Cindy
Cindy

I loved this show, I don’t understand why it got cancelled.

kim
kim

I loved the show! I hate that it was cancelled… A decent drama with good family values…. go figure… cancelled. Trashy shows with everyone sleeping with everyone else, nudity, swearing, constant severe violence… Those shows make it. That’s what people like I guess????

Anne Zohner
Anne Zohner

Finally an amazing show of VALUE and REAL family situations not Hollywood garb… Why on earth would it be cancelled? Ridiculous! Come on folks, let’s bring it back, these actors, including the teens rock the house of most ALL prime time stuff, right? BRING IT BACK!!!

Barb
Barb

Quite late to the conversation, but I just completed the tenth episode on Pure Felix. Very disappointed that the show will cancel at a cliffhanger, when there’s room to start a multi faceted story line. I think the higher percentage of the story should focus on the family dynamic and a little less of Allison’s job. Eg.. what next now that Cameron ran away..(he was really getting to be sweet and opening up….then there’s the daughter/caregiver starving for her mother’s love…I could go on and on…we all come back for the family relationships. Needless to say the chemistry between Allison and hubby. We have enough cop showso, we know what Allison does, so a little more of her home interaction, didn’t know she participate much in the school stuff until the last episode. Anyway, enough said…:)

natesha
natesha

I loved the show. I watched the entire season in two days. I really hope they bring the show back or it gets picked up somewhere else.

Dolphin
Dolphin

I want Season 2 of Ties that Bind

Beck
Beck

I love this show and they need to make a second season!!

Annette
Annette

I just binge watched Season 1 of this show. From the first episode I couldn’t stop watching…I LOVED IT! The relationship between Allison and Matt is amazing to watch and left me believing that there are marriages that can be strong and loving even during difficult situations. I cannot comprehend WHY this show was cancelled and left all of its fans hanging with so many unanswered storyline questions! Where’s Cameron? Tim was only sent to prison for two years & has already been in for several months. Does he ever straighten up & possibly get paroled early, or does he spiral out & die in prison? What about Cameron & Mariah’s mom? Does she relapse & return to rehab? Or straighten up, finally get a job & become the mom that Cameron desperately wants? Even if she does, will Cameron choose to go with her if she gets her own place, or will he stay with his aunt and uncle, who he has finally grown to trust and love?

PLEASE BRING BACK THIS SHOW! Why do networks always cancel the best shows and keep the ones that have all the sex, violence, and profanity that you can’t watch as a family? The only shows on that don’t have all of that are shows mainly geared for children!

Lindsay
Lindsay

This was a great show said that they’re not doing a second series 😢

Yelitza
Yelitza

Loved the show! Looooooved it! I’m a cop, a mother, a wife and have a few extra bodies to help too. The show gave me strength and hope. Made me feel not so alone in this thing……😔 Sad to see it go.

Mary
Mary

Love this show.. It should have already had a second season underway…of course they would drop a good show with good family values.

slwhite
slwhite

I hope you bring it back. this is a really good show. I loved it

Debbie Waggoner
Debbie Waggoner

If they have cancelled the show they should at the very least give us proper ending. This was wholesome family show with values and morals. It showed the consequences of bad decision making and how family pulls together in time need. I just watched every episode Pure Flix and was very disappointed that it ended way it did with no further seasons. I don’t understand shows with purpose stay for 10+ seasons but something like this gets cancelled after 1 😞