Image: Syndicated

The fate of The Pinkertons Season 2 remains up in the air

Release Date of #Pinkertons S2: To be announced

The Pinkertons is a Canadian western, crime, detective drama TV series that arrived on our TV screens in 2014 from the creators Adam Moore and Kevin Abrams with production from Rosetta Media and Buffalo Gal Pictures.

What’s It All About?

#Pinkertons focuses on the lives of a son and his father who team up with what happens to be the first female detective in the old Wild West. The show features cases from the Pinkerton Detective Agency which are real life cases which date back to the 1860s.
Throughout season 1 viewers found out that Kate is the forensic expert and she is brilliant in her work and is the expert when it comes to undercover. William is the type of person who prefers to shoot first and then ask questions.

What’s Been Happening?

Season 1 episode 1 of @Pinkertons arrived on our TV screens on October 4 2014 and saw Allan Pinkerton along with his son Will teaming up with Kate Warne, the first ever female detective in the Wild West. The episode was set just following the first ever recorded train robbery and not only do the three have to work together to solve the case they also have to learn how to work together. The season ran until May 23 2015 over 22 episodes.
Throughout the season we saw the threesome dealing with the death of a whiskey magnate, an actor’s death connected to the assassination of Lincoln, preventing the assassination of a Civil War hero and a man who was frozen to death.
So is there going to be a season 2 of @Pinkertons and if so when can we expect its arrival on our screens?

What’s In Store?

At the moment it is too early to say whether we are going to see a season 2 of #Pinkertons. However the actor who plays William Pinkerton, Jacob Blair was recently talking about season 1 and he said that they should know soon whether or not there is going to be a season 2.
Blair was talking about filming of season 1 which took place in Grosse isle, Man, where the crew took over the small town which numbers around 300 people.
If you want to keep up to date with what’s happening with season 2 of The Pinkertons you can sign up for notifications and it takes just one click.

What Are The Top 3 Outstanding Episodes?
  • There have been many superb episodes of The Pinkertons but episode 3 was among the best when an actor died while on stage during a performance of Hamlet and it was down to William and Kate to investigate and they found that the murder is linked to the assassination of President Lincoln.
  • Episode 8 was also a good episode when a white man and Indian man were both killed together but the witness to the murder doesn’t speak English and happens to be just 12 years old.
  • Episode 13 was another of the most outstanding episodes when the detectives investigated a kidnapping and it drew them into an encounter with what would end up being two very famous outlaws.
Choices for Watching Again

If you want to watch The Pinkertons on DVD you might be pleased to hear that the DVD for season 1 is going to be made available on November

16 2015. While you are waiting for the arrival of The Pinkertons on DVD you might be interested in checking out the paperback books related to the series.
Have you enjoyed watching The Pinkertons season 1? Do you hope that season 2 of the series is heading our way?
Let us know your thoughts on the series in the comments section and don’t forget to sign up for notifications, it takes just a single click.

97 Comments on "The Pinkertons"

Donna Gratton
Donna Gratton
1 year 7 months ago

Please continue with more seasons. Love the show. Need more shows like the Pinkertons.

TREVOR HILSENBERG
TREVOR HILSENBERG

like everything else people give them time there will be more made maybe even into a movie they need to take a break I found this by accident and enjoyed the first episode just like young rider who had 3 seasons just give them time like anything else these days if they throw everything out at once it will be very poor acting in season two and beyond so again time is all they need to make a good tv series thank you

Bob Heffner
Bob Heffner
1 year 5 months ago

I would imagine that by this time, with no word of a second season, that the Pinkertons is, unfortunately, not returning.

Geoffrey Saling
Geoffrey Saling

That really sucks, I would hate to have to tell people not to watch the last episode but gosh end a season like that and then not have a second season wow I’m just shocked and I imagine that somebody will not sell the rights to the series to somebody else that will maybe pick it up, after all we do live in a society where the world revolves around the making of money or it will just crash and burn but why I can’t see that happening.

bryantgj
bryantgj
1 year 5 months ago

I love the show…hopefully it returns. ..I would be highly disappointed if it doesn’t.

Parcel
1 year 4 months ago

Its spellbinding an enthralling every episode I watch!
The cast, production an sets are amazing, especially the snow scenes!
Be nice to see the boss of the Pinkertons more, as well…
Let’s hope it comes back.

Max Frisson
Max Frisson
1 year 2 months ago

ifound you by looking to find waht happen to the Pinkerton. I like that show, also a Murdoch fans [another Canadian period mystery show]
There was no promotion of your show that I ever saw.

Karin

I am a big Murdoch Mysteries fan as well!

Evan Clermont
Evan Clermont
1 year 1 month ago

I would like to see season 2 of this series.

Dianne Strachan
Dianne Strachan

Please bring season 2 and many others to follow. It is too sad and unfair to all the fans in USA to be deprived of such an amazing series. Also, more of Murdoch, please. These are the two best drama/crime shows on TV!!!!.

Eileen
Eileen

I live in the United States and all we have here to watch is trash. I watched many shows from Canada England and Australia

Dianne Strachan
Dianne Strachan

Dianne Strachan

Travis Congdon
Travis Congdon

I loved to watch “The Pinkertons”, one of the best shows around anymore. Please bring the show back. It was about the only show I personally liked. PLEASE.

Emery.ginger@yahoo.com
[email protected]

I really enjoyed the show. The fact that you don’t hear dirty language is so refreshing, and no nudity. I’m hoping for a season 2! 🙂 We need more television like this! 🙂

Annie Occo
Annie Occo

Those are my thoughts EXACTLY. No gratuitous sex, no nudity, no disgusting filthy language as is found in so many so-called songs recorded by people who have no talent but can swear to a beat while describing the seamy side of life. Just a wonderful look at the world 150 years ago. Interesting to note that taking finger prints had not even been discovered. But the characters try their best to construct the crimes. I sure hope that it is continued for a second season. And as others have said – Murdoch Mysteries which take place later in the 19th century are so fascinating also.

Nancy Collette
Nancy Collette

love the show and hope it gets renewed, it is what we need on tv, not all of that stupid comedy or violent shows. my husband and I love this kind of show, we are also fans of Murdock

Michelle Wetzel
Michelle Wetzel

Love the show!! Need more of this type of television. I’m hoping you bring many many more seasons. It’s refreshing compared to all the other crap out there!!!

Robin E Mudd
Robin E Mudd

Please release more episodes we need to find out what happened to Will.

Fred Willson
Fred Willson

It would be a shame if there was not a season 2

Mary
Mary

Love Pinkertons and Murdock. Please bring back

Darrell Loomis
Darrell Loomis

With all the garbage on TV these days I hope The Pinkerton’s come back for another season. My favorite show for a long time!

Gabrielle shaner
Gabrielle shaner

I found it very enjoyable to watch, it had no filthy language,which i found exhilarating for a change, and there were no naked bodies, for me that was a nice change.This was the first American movie i have watched in a long time,the others shows sell sex, and i am not a fan of 50 shades of gray.My favorite shows come from the U.K, much cleaner.

Pat
Pat

Love this show

Kristie Wright
Kristie Wright

Oh please say there is a second season! This show is awesome! They have to have a second one because of the way the first one ended, right? Don’t keep me in this much suspense! Please hurry with the second season!

Ethan Benninghoff
Ethan Benninghoff

Please, bring back the Pinkertons.

Ben
Ben

I enjoyed the show and eager to see a season 2. It would be a shame if they don’t continue.

becka
becka

you can’t end the show on a cliffhanger like that and not renew it for a second season!!

fred
fred

my wife and I just watched season 1 on netflix and loved it get more going can’t wait to see it , there should be more series like this one , good writing good show !

John Emerson
John Emerson

Love the series. Waiting for season 2.

John Emerson
John Emerson

My wife and I love the series. Waiting for season 2.

Colton
Colton

There better be a damn season two

Geoffrey Saling
Geoffrey Saling

I watched the whole season 1 it seems like it was very well played out by all the actors involved and one would think they can’t just end it like that so bring back the pinkertons season 2 please thank you

Gina
Gina

Please keep this show going, my husband and I found this show by chance on Netflix. Loved it. There is so much garbage on tv that we stopped watching. This show is a keeper. We will keep an eye out for more seasons. We need more shows like the Pinkertons. Love period pieces.

Judy
Judy

We need season 2. Don’t leave us hanging!! Love the characters, scenery and stories.

P Tilbury
P Tilbury

I love this show! Please renew.

wes
wes

I love the show but seriously they can’t end it like that

Gws
Gws

[email protected]

Gws
Gws

My wife and I love the show we are begging you please bring season 2 there are not very many good shows with watching these days. This is one of the best.

Joe Wrzos
Joe Wrzos

My wife and I have greatly enjoyed the 22-episode First Season run of THE PINKERTONS. We watched in on NETFLIX. The acting, the scripts, the direction, and camera work are excellent. The interplay between Kate and William Pinkerton is complex, at times amusing, and well acted. And the Season One final episode shoot-out cliffhanger involving Will and a deranged Billy the Kid is so suspenseful, with the outcome abruptly blacked out, that the rest of the story surely cries out for a Season Two, Episode 1.To let us know what happens to Will. Did he win? Was he wounded? What happened? — Surely, in common commercial decency, the producers and creators of THE PINKERTONS should give us a Season Two. But if they can’t afford it, then maybe NETFLIX (which rescued LONGMIRE) would be willing to finance a second season of the show? I hope so.

Joe Wrzos
Joe Wrzos

Correction to my previous comment. I should have typed “Jesse James” iinstead of “Billy the Kid” in my mention of the clif hanging Season1, 22 final episode. Sorry about that.

Cindy
Cindy

Just watched the whole season on Netflix. Such quality but I never realized it was true to history until I started looking to see if the series continues. So delighted to hear that is so based on truth. I certainly have my fingers crossed that they’ll continue the series.

Linda

Gotta find out what happens to Will, we gotta have at least a second season….I love this show, one of the best westerns that I have watched for a long time…..the role of women in the Pinkertons really puts a new perspective on the whole idea of the wild west….loved Belle Starr episode!!

Mark Jackson
Mark Jackson

This show is the perfect show for me and my wife it’s the perfect combination detective and our favorite time period. Please keep the seasons coming.
Thank you.

Suzanne Osborne
Suzanne Osborne

Please please continue this very enjoyable show! I have become a big fan and really really really want to see More! This is such fun and i Love it!

Linda

When is the season 2?

Sherrie
Sherrie

Love this show. Hope it returns!

deb
deb

Hope they renew another season, loved the show and can’t wait for more !!

Tammy Mixon
Tammy Mixon

I hope The Pinkertons return. It ended on quite a cliff hanger. I will be very disappointed if we don’t get to see another season of The Pinkertons!!!!

Lisa
Lisa

I love this show!!! I am so hooked!! Please keep filming! There is so much trash out there, but this show is outstanding!!

Chris
Chris

Can’t wait to see season two start up

sunfflowe
sunfflowe

The show is great!! I am hooked

sunfflower
sunfflower

Show is great!! I’m hooked.

J. D.
J. D.

Finally something worth watching.

Karin
Karin

I just finished the last episode of Season 1 on Netflix. There has to be a Season 2 to let us know who survived the dual between Will and Jesse! This show is entertaining and historical. I love the shows coming out of Canada!

Gee Gee
Gee Gee

THIS IS A PHENOMENAL SERIES. It is historically accurate and gives my family and others insight in everyday concerns and lives of the civil war era. I love intelligent tv and this is it. Also I’m a lover of the Murdoch Mysteries as well.:)

Will Campbell
Will Campbell

At last, something worth watching. I hope The Pinkerton return soon.