Image: Animal Planet

No decision has been made as to when production of The Last Alaskans Season 3 will resume

Release Date of #LastAlaskans S3: To be announced

The Last Alaskans is a documentary reality series on the Animal Planet that originally premiered in May of 2015. The first season of the series consisted of eight parts. Season Two of the reality series premiered on April 12th, 2016 and will air exclusively on The Discovery Channel this season. Season One of #LastAlaskans followed four families in the Alaskan frontier as they prepared for the upcoming winter ahead of them where they expected to face temperatures as much as fifty degrees below zero. This series really gives viewers an insider look into what it is like to live in isolated, desolate conditions “on the brink of extinction”.

All the way back in 1980, the U.S Government made a ban against new people moving in to the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. The protected area is home to a lot of wildlife, a whole lot of terrain, and a few permitted cabins, which a few families live in. Most of the permits will run out over the course of the next century, and nobody will be permitted to live there anymore.

The first season of The Last Alaskan explored the day-to-day lives of the four families living on the refuge including Heimo and Edna Korth, Ray Lewis and his family, Bob Harte, and Tyler and Ashley Seldon.

During it’s first season, the show received the second highest of all of the ratings on the Animal Channeland it was quickly renewed for another season. People seem to love the intrigue of the unknown, the last frontier and the thrill of people trying to survive at the very depths of the most desolate and isolated places in society.

What can we expect to see in season two of the series? We are sure that there will be much focus on Heimo and Edna Gorth. Heimo is considered to be the “Godfather” of the north. When he was a teenager, he left Wisconsin to become a” mountain man” in Alaska and he hasn’t been back since. He and his wife raised four daughters in the Alaskan frontier. He comes with some pretty solid advice, “Keep you mind together and keep yourself alive”. Much of the focus on season one was on Heimo and his wife, and we’re anticipating that much of the focus will be on them and how they have faired in season two.

There is also a rumor that Bob Harte’s health is failing him and he may need to leave the refuge this season. We hear that Bob gets a visit from his ex-wife, Nancy, who he is still good friends with to talk about whether it is a good idea for him to continue living out in the rugged outback. Overall though, we hear Bob has come to terms with his situation, and has accepted that he will be moving back in to town to hopefully regain some of his physical and emotional strength.

Will the show be returning for a third season?

As of right now, we have yet to hear an official announcement from Discovery Channel as to whether or not the show will return for a third season. The reality series has been quite popular throughout the first two seasons. Featuring beautiful cinematography, aerial shots, and a glimpse of what life is really like in the rustic wild, fans have been very much intrigued by this show and we are definitely thinking the series will be returning for a third season.

What do you think will happen if the series is renewed? Will we still be able to see Bob Harte if he is back in town dealing with his failing health? Will have any

of the other residents left the village to move closer back to civilization?

What do you think of this series? Do you think it stands out from the rest of the reality series out there, which focus on people choosing to rough it in isolated locations? Will you watch a third season if it is released? Weigh in and let us know your thoughts and reactions! As always, stay tuned for status updates for the show!

367 Comments on "The Last Alaskans"

proviortiz@hotmail.com
[email protected]

I hope that the show comes back for a third season, it is an awesome show. I initially thought why or how could people choose to live in such isolation, but after putting up with all the political junk and violence being reported every day in the lower 48, I would love to join them in that isolation, except I don’t like the cold much. Please bring the show back.

Jacob Authement
Jacob Authement

Season 3 premieres Wednesday, March 22 2017

Eileen
Eileen

Show better return with many more seasons! The Last Alaskans, best show ever!

Angela
Angela

We are hooked to this show! Great fun. 3rd season isn’t fast enough!

Steve Marvel
Steve Marvel

The Greatest Reality TV show ever created. First Class. No hype. No staged drama, thank God, it appeals to the intelligent. The ones that embrace art, cinematography, musical backdrop so sophisticated that you completely forget it there, except on the piano downbeat on the introduction. Right when it goes, The Last, boom Alaskans. Bravo you guys well done. We have watched each episode hundreds of times. It is the kind of programming that is so “beautifully melded” (is that a word :)) that we will even watch the commercials because we are in the Last Alaskan Zone so deep that we can’t fast forward our Tivo :). Is that great or what. tell that to the execs making the decisions. Please don’t rob us of this wonderful home run by “Half Yard”, man just knowing what the Producers and Camera folks have to endure in the Artic Ovens never knowing if a brown bear might come a lookin as it is time to add the last little bit of fat. Work with us, help us out here in Oklahoma when it is hundreds of degrees hot, we need our Heimo and Edna Fix. Ok, you guys. We love you and trust you will continue to rock n roll. Steve and Crystal out in Tulsa, Ok

dennis ward
dennis ward

really loved series ,dreamed all my life of living that.

Daniel Loughlin
Daniel Loughlin

The Last Alaskan’s shines with no narration and only the occasional question from a crew member. The use of drone cinematography and hauntingly beautiful music as the camera pans up and away, showing the majestic and beautiful landscape that is Alaska. The director has his finger on how these things create a powerful emotional feelings in his audience. I look forward to season three…

Kathy Klingler
Kathy Klingler

I love this show , love the relaxing music, I love the way the show makes me feel.

bill
bill

This is the best show on TV! Real people living their lives they way they want. Strong folks we could all learn from. Interesting stories of fascinating folks. Lets get a third season going!!

Penny Clark
Penny Clark

Best show ever!! Real down to earth people and not some reality junk!! Please bring back the show! ?❤️

Laurie
Laurie

I can’t tell you how much I enjoy watching The Last Aladkans. I looked forward each week for the next episode. I sure hope it will be back for season 3 and on what station it will be on. I have told so many people about this show and they are hooked as well. It is a show that I can relate to being from upper Wisconsin. I have always wanted to see Alaska and this is my of being able to see it. Please bring the show back and let us know everyone is doing and how Bob is feeling. I pray for all of them each day. They somehow become a part of your life because the show is real and the producers respect the families and the photographers/crew do also. Thank you for bringing these families into our lives and a huge thank you to the families for allowing us to be a part of their lives as well.

Jean fender
Jean fender

Best show I have seen in a long time. Will watch for their return

Ron
Ron

OK, I first have to say congratulations. This has to be the very finest melding of entertainment with reality to be brought into our living rooms. Well done.

Bonnie fonyi
Bonnie fonyi

I am very much interested in a third season. My fear is that bob Harte will not be able to return to the wilderness, he is my favorite, and I am hoping and praying for the very best for him.

Lynn
Lynn

My wife and I love, love, love this show. I will be so sad if it goes away. After we watch the show we feel so relaxed and happy. These families portray a reality that some of us only wish we could live! Best show ever!!

Karolyn
Karolyn

love this show. Watch all the episodes over and over. I surely hope there will be a season 3

Nelda Perez
Nelda Perez

Best reality show I’ve seen, please bring it back for more seasons, my husband, and I love it!

Lenni Anne Sadowski
Lenni Anne Sadowski

Great show, waiting patiently for its return. I watch all the Alaska shows ( except Bush people ) Keep up all the Alaska shows, Please

Richard

Agree with your Alaskan viewing pleasures including your assessment of the “Bush Douchebags” what a bunch of inbred posers in my opinion !

Eric
Eric

I watch a lot of this type of show and this is by far my favorite! I love the people, the lifestyle, the cinnematography, and the music. I feel like the 2nd season ended very abruptly and I’m really hoping to see the show return for many more seasons!!!

Lisa p
Lisa p

One of the best real reality shows on tv. Nothing compares. Please bring it back!!!

And truly touching and moving series. I have enjoy
And truly touching and moving series. I have enjoy

And truly touching and moving series. I have enjoyed every moment with my team and my heart breaks but yet at the same time I see them grow stronger. I hope you renew for a third season

Barbara Short
Barbara Short

I love it. I will be so dissatisfied with discovery if they don’t renew

Barb
Barb

I love this show, and hope we will see a third season. I feel for Bob, his whole way of life may be ending. I hope his health improves, and I think being near Nancy will help. I live sort of off the grid, and hate to think of the day I might have to leave it.

Deb
Deb

Only show we actually enjoy .
.when is it coming back

Dan
Dan

Simply put, my wife and I are totally intrigued by this show. Seems very real, with personalities willing to “let it all hang out” for our consideration. We are definitely hoping for a season 3. And we pray for Bob Harte’ s future.

Darlene
Darlene

I love this show. Love all folks but favorites are Heimo and Edna and Bob. But they are all just great. Plus I’ve learned a lot watching.

Frances
Frances

Please bring back last Alaskan its the best show out there! hooked on the family’s and there life’s, no other show like it.

J A.
J A.

Real deal TV, feel good stuff for sure..

J A.
J A.

Real reality TV…

J A.
J A.

Would love to know what’s Bob Harte,s health is right now….

Richard

The last I’d heard his health was much better and he was traveling in the lower 48 seeing how the rest of us lived and enjoying himself. He also became a grandpa.

jude
jude

Best reality show ever. These Alaskan families have become part of the viewer’s family. We all need to know how Bob is fairing, and that the rest of the families are doing well. This program is completely addicting, for the people in it, the surroundings, and the beautiful music.

jeanneroraback@gmail.com
[email protected]

Guest

jeanneroraback@gmail.com
[email protected]

Guest

Linda
Linda

Can’t wait for season 3. Best reality show on tv. Hope Bobs health allows him to continue to improve and allow him to be on the show if only occasionally. Can’t help but love the guy.

Bob cooley
Bob cooley

A little bit bout Bob Hart would be just fine he left if his own accord. We still want to be kept up to date. Thanks

Angie
Angie

Hands down THE best show on TV.. Please give us a season 3.

Eileen
Eileen

Your staff and writers have done an excellent job of presenting these individuals in such a way, that has engaged so many viewers in becoming interested, and caring what about happens to each of them.

“If” there is a credible reason for withholding an announcement of wether or NOT this program will or won’t continue, and for what reason, it really doesn’t do much for your viewers belief in what you tell us the outcome “might” be.

Continue to string us out instead of offering a plausible explanation, with a few facts thrown to support your news for us, and we will be fine.
Please do not under estimate the intelligence of your audience.
Be honest and forthright with the status of this program. We are typically open to other forms of TV entertainment.

Regards,
Eileen F.

Richard

Yes ma’am, agree 100%

Debi
Debi

Great show and depicts the true way of life in Alaska. I .lived in S.E. Alaska for 9 year, really miss the serene and peaceful lifestyle.

Kate
Kate

I will band discovery from our lives if there is no season 3

Elaine
Elaine

Please bring this show back!! Miss it! So real and entertaining!

Kimberly Morrison mi
Kimberly Morrison mi

Great Show! Love All the Real, Alaskan show,s! Get rid of the Idiot, Bush People! Insulting & disgusting!

Si Cong Dinh
Si Cong Dinh

I love this show very much.

James E Whitaker
James E Whitaker

I love this show, but can someone please help Bob Harte shoot a deer or sumpin to eat..

LaurieAnne Campbell
LaurieAnne Campbell

I am a hopelessly die hard fan. I feel that this show gives a great home meaning, a sense of belonging, sense of wonder. It is the best and only show that I tune into every week.
A good family show, that teaches value, family love, responsibility and focuses on what true love of nature and the true meaning of what we need. A need to reflect back on to real reality and what it was like to have to work for yourself. The music is soothing also. I really hope this show comes back, I want to know how Bob Harte is doping, and all the rest. I am so intrigued by how they all live and survive.

LaurieAnne Campbell
LaurieAnne Campbell

Bob
Bob

Me and my wife found the best reality show in The Last Alaskans. We cannot imagine going without new seasons. We watch the re-runs too. Please bring this show back! We too are concerned for Bob Harte.

Peggy Yorgey
Peggy Yorgey

Hope its coming back. Interesting way of life, the real dwal.

Peggy Yorgey
Peggy Yorgey

This show completely takes us to a gentler, kinder place then the everyday life we are living now. Its a breath of fresh air for an hour to really kick back and enjoy the beauty, the way they respect what they have and what they have to do to survive. I hope to see this show for a very long time.

Gigi
Gigi

I absolutely love this show! I was very intrigued from the beginning! I once lived in Aklavik, NWT and always wondered what it would be like if I truly “bushed myself”! Now I know what I’m truly missing (and didn’t have the guts to do at the time!). I respect the core values and am always asking my husband if he’s seen ads for the next season (3).

PLEASE, producers, bring it back!!!

Harry B.
Harry B.

Very disappointed there’s no update on Bon Harte since he had to return to urban living

Sheila
Sheila

The Last Alaskans is one of favorite tv shows! I am anticipating the release of season 3 !!

Robin McCoy
Robin McCoy

Awesome show. Never miss an episode. By far my most favorite show on TV.

BumpyBob
BumpyBob

Great show. Hope many more seasons to come. Bob Harte is my favorite. If he chooses to leave the wilderness, I hope he is still in the program.

Carolyn Coulr
Carolyn Coulr

Love the show. Please notify me when new season begins.,