Image: CBC

The Fantasy series will not return for Season 2

#StrangeEmpire Cancelled, No Season Two :(

Strange Empire was a western style fantasy series from creator Laurie Finstad-Knizhnik and producers Annuit Coeptis Entertainment. The show ran for one season starting in 2014.

What’s It All About?

#SE aired on October 6 2014 when a meeting of fate led to tragedy in 1869 on the border of Alberta-Montana. This brings three women together as they struggle to survive following the deaths of the men in their town.
The focus of the series is women who are the heroes in the western world as they don’t just struggle to survive, but also look for justice along the way and to make their community a better place. Along the way there are clashes between son and father and prejudices among races as the women look ahead towards building up a community.

What’s Been Happening?

Season 1 episode 1 of SE aired on October 6 2014 and introduced viewers to the lives of the three women when tragedy struck. Throughout the season viewers have watched as the girls of Kat have been threatened and Isabelle tried to get investors in the mine. Kat was the witness to a murder and was chased by bounty hunters. A ruthless sheriff was appointed and the girls were left to struggle with cattle rustlers. Episode 13, the last one of the series, was shown on February 2 2015 and saw all three of the women having to work side by side to defeat Slotter.
But is there going to be a season 2 of #StrangeEmpire?

What’s In Store?

If you have been loving every minute of #SE in its first season you will be hoping that there is going to be a season 2, so is there?
When SE was aired it was very popular among women, after all most westerns have men as the main characters with the women being portrayed as helpless and homemakers. The series had a great case and direction, with a strong theme and story line. Therefore it came as a shock when CBC said that there isn’t going to be a season 2 of the series. A spokesperson gave confirmation but they didn’t say exactly why the show has been cancelled after just one single season.
When the show was announced for season 1 CBC said that it was a series that was premium cable worthy and featured sex, prostitution and gunslingers, and had a dark side.
Of course it could be picked up again in the future and if you want to know if and when it does, you can sign up to our one click notification service.

What Are The Top 3 Outstanding Episodes?

Season 1 episode 6 was among the most outstanding episodes when a new sheriff, who happened to be totally ruthless, was appointed in the town, while Kat was seeking justice.
Season 1 episode 9 stands out as the loyalties of the women are divided, while the railway and mine workers were left to fight to see who gained control of the mine and there were losses to both parties.
Season 1 episode 13 saw the women having to come together and work together so that they could defeat Slotter.

Choices for Watching Again

Did you enjoy the first season of #StrangeEmpire and want to watch it over again? If so you will be pleased to hear that the first and

only season of the series can be bought on DVD. If you would like to stream the episodes online you can at Strange Empire Online.
What were your thoughts on Strange Empire? Did the show fascinate you enough to not want to miss an episode? Were you upset to find that there isn’t going to be a season 2 of the TV series?
Let us know what you think about it in the comments section.

UPDATED February 25, 2015

72 Comments on "Strange Empire"

Ang
Ang
1 year 8 months ago

I enjoyed Strange Empire a great deal and was incredibly disappointed to find that Season 2 had been cancelled. It’s truly a shame that shows that we as viewers love to watch are so regularly cancelled. Usually after we’ve invested a great deal of our time in watching these programs, and forming attachments with the characters in the story line. The characters that we love, the ones we love to hate.
To bring Jeremiah Loving back at the end of the last episode and then cancel the next season was unfair to your devoted viewers.

B. Mason
B. Mason
1 year 7 months ago

I totally agree with you on every note!!

Mary
Mary
1 year 3 months ago

I feel the same! Bring back strange empire!!!

Mari
Mari

Totally agree

KINA
KINA

Totally agree, makes me want to stop watching because they are canceling anything worthwhile and keeping the trash.

B. Mason
B. Mason
1 year 7 months ago

How can you discontinue one of the best programs that has ever been on Netflix TV etc? Please inform me if it begins again. Thank you, Barbara Mason

KitsKid
KitsKid
1 year 7 months ago

This sucks! This was one really good show. Well written, well produced, and great actors/actresses. What happened that it was cancelled? Oh well doesn’t matter now I find something that I enjoy it’s always cancelled.

Donald whyle
Donald whyle

Would like to see a second season, I enjoyed the first very much.

Vickie Blancher Love
Vickie Blancher Love
1 year 7 months ago

Oh man! I thought it was very good

John wheeler
John wheeler
1 year 7 months ago

Enjoyed the ladies that can take care of then selves

Cheryl Anderson
Cheryl Anderson
1 year 7 months ago

Please make a season2 this show totally rocked and as someone who doesn’t like westerns i absolutely adored these women and can’t wait to see more.

Gweneth Baldwin
Gweneth Baldwin
1 year 5 months ago

I happened on this by accident when I was looking for something to watch on Netflix. I don’t have cable & had never even heard of this series till 3 days ago. It grabbed me right away as few series do. I just finished watching episode 13. It left me wracked with disappointment & horror that they would be so cruel as to bring back Jeremiah Loving in such an awful way right there at the end! I want to see more of these strong, wonderful women & a few of the men characters as well. Please let me know if there is ever a 2nd season.

Shelly Pierret Anderson
Shelly Pierret Anderson
1 year 4 months ago

MUST HAVE A SEASON TWO!!

Pamela Harris-Worthington
Pamela Harris-Worthington
1 year 4 months ago

We just watched the series on Netflix…..we really liked it..my husband was glued to the tv and we are disappointed that a second season is not planned….would love to see what happens to all of the characters….there are far worse shows lingering of useless mind clutter….like Sister Wives…GAG to all of them…and their ego puke of a husband having free affairs and confused children…..and you continue this????/ Weird family value for the most of the population. .at least this Strange Empire.. was historical, revealing and had a great story line……You pooped on yourself by not making another season….take a clue from Downton Abbey…and conclude without leaving your loyal viewer hanging….conclude story lines and deliver characters and when you leave bring closure for your viewers…we get so involved that it is emotionally hurtful for us to be left at the curb like a bad breakup with no answers or conclusions….NOT FAIR…..

Mari
Mari
1 year 1 month ago

???I want a second season.

Diana Natcher
Diana Natcher
1 year 4 months ago

I sure hope they bring it back. I have been waiting for season 2!

megan
megan
1 year 4 months ago

I came across this as well on accident on Netflix and was drawn in completely. Why is it that good tv shows are canceled and pathetic shows are left on tv such as bachelor and Bachelorette the fantasy shows about mideval times especially ones making fun of them. If the show has a 2nd season I would love 2 know

Bad move
Bad move
1 year 3 months ago

Hello!!! This is an awesome unexpected show!! The acting, casting, writing, cinematography and all else is exceptional. The only problem I see is no advertising!! I’m shocked that there is no season 2 planned and I’m picky!!

Sandra
Sandra
1 year 3 months ago

Why do they cancel the good ones and continue showing the bad and boring series. This is a really good series and I hope they bring it back.

Tami
Tami
1 year 3 months ago

Yeah they cancel the good shows, but keep the crap coming year after year. I really enjoyed Strange Empire and will fill in the blanks with my own imagination since Netflix has none left. Wtg

Missouri Gal
Missouri Gal
1 year 3 months ago

Sorry to hear that Season 2 was cancelled. I just stumbled on Season 1 by accident on Netflix. I have to say that I watched Season 1 in two days. LOVED IT!! Come on, bring it back for another Season!

Mari
Mari

?yes

aloharider
aloharider
1 year 3 months ago

CBC done $#!+ in their mess kit by cancelling Strange Empire. Right up there with Deadwood, Longmire and Hell on Wheels! This series is too good not to be picked up by another network.

awdmother
awdmother
1 year 3 months ago

I recently watched the 1st Season of Strange Empire on Netflix and I enjoyed it very much. I am hoping now that the Canadian government is going to restore funding of our public broadcaster that CBC will continue producing more of this series. Say you will CBC!

Shelly
Shelly
1 year 2 months ago

Come on! I need season 2!!!

Sheila Sloan
Sheila Sloan
1 year 2 months ago

My husband and I love westerns and have been enjoying Strange Empire. I hope that Lifetime or CBC will give us a second season of this great show. More power to the women!

Jan
Jan
1 year 2 months ago

Loved this show! Networks can be such idiots!

M.G.
M.G.
1 year 2 months ago

I also was looking for something to watch on Netflix and came across Strange Empire. What an amazing show!!! I was glued to each and every episode and always looked forward to the next. Jeremiah comes back at the end and that’s it?? How can you cancel such a suspenseful and truly riveting show and then just leave your watchers hanging??? What a crushing and disappointing blow to devoted fans! SEASON 2 WHERE ARE YOU?? Please bring it back and I also would like to know WHEN it does come back!!

CodynRaeanna M Griffis
CodynRaeanna M Griffis
1 year 2 months ago

What!! No season 2? Season 1 was great but really left us hanging. There is so much room for good entertainment to follow up with! Don’t cancel Strange Empire!

Dan B.
Dan B.
1 year 2 months ago

A little unrealistic woman taking care of themselves,

Destiny
Destiny
1 year 2 months ago

I just watched it on Netlfix and finished it in 24 hours…. It was really good and I wanted to see if there was going to be a second season… But there’s not and that’s really disappointing

Gin
Gin
1 year 2 months ago

Give us season 2. How can it end with Jeremiah being alive and wandering into town, only to be carried off by indians. I found this on Netflix, and watched episodes daily only to be disappointed with finding out it had been canceled. I don’t watch much TV because of all the garbage shows,but I enjoyed this one.

Westernfan
Westernfan
1 year 2 months ago

Awh! Right when you find a good and exciting western they up and cancel it. Someone Bring it back , Netflix pick it up.

Luminaura
Luminaura
1 year 2 months ago

This series and Hell on Wheels drew me into a vacuum of imagination and historical fiction that made watching TV interesting for a while. Rare indeed for me.

aqueenb
aqueenb
1 year 2 months ago

If need be, ill start a #Bring’SE’ back campaign. I loved this show and ive seen way worse sex scenes in other programs on tv. This one is actually a good rate, has a good story plot and climax at the end. A husband she was searching for for months just happens to run through the camp, only to be snatched up by indians?! I was sure another season would stream with an ending like that
. how disappointing! Ps women are a good crowd to keep pleased, we will follow our favorite shows to the moon and back!

carmenstar
carmenstar
1 year 2 months ago

The cancellation is terrible….left us with wondering what happened to the husband of the main character.

Tonya maxwell
Tonya maxwell
1 year 2 months ago

Bunch of bull we the people start liking it and they cancel it for stupid crap

kjd
kjd
1 year 1 month ago

so true, I started it when I was bored but fell in,love with the characters

kalynn d
kalynn d
1 year 1 month ago

PLEASE BRING IT BACK YOU CAN’T END IT LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather
Heather
1 year 1 month ago

I liked the show very much with action love and family I hope we get to see more I’m dieing to know we’re jeremiah went and will he come back or what will happen with the mine

Sharon
Sharon
1 year 1 month ago

I totally enjoyed that show.. I binge watched this and was thoroughly enthralled.. I got angry wgen i realized id watched the last episode and found there will be no season two.. Very disappointing.

Naomi Maggie Gunn
Naomi Maggie Gunn
1 year 1 month ago

I am so disappointed that the show was canceled!!! I do not understand why. The viewers love for all of the characters do not count. Politics as usual. I wish I had not found it. So sad, these women and men are great. So much history being taken from us. Whether nice or not,we know the ugliness of those times. The sad part is also,the struggle and will to live is squashed. A lesson our generation and our children’s need very badly. Very disappointed as I stated already. SMH

amy
amy
1 year 1 month ago

So tired of getting addicted to a show just to have it canceled. Come on SEASON2!!!!

Kim Youmans
Kim Youmans
1 year 1 month ago

please bring it back I loved this show

Wim Lienemann
Wim Lienemann
1 year 1 month ago

I would love to see more of the strange empire and its amazing characters! Bring them BACK! Season 2 and more!

Mari
Mari
1 year 1 month ago

I totally agree Ang. I was hooked since the first episode and very dispointed to find that the second season was cancelled. All the women cast were awesome i just would have liked to see Slotter live a little longer. But the end made it sad and made me gasp to see Mrs. Loving killed Slotter thinking he killed her husband when he didn’t.

Ginger
Ginger
1 year 27 days ago

I just watched the entire Season 1 in a week and want more!

Frank
Frank
1 year 23 days ago

I totally loved this series. I can’t believe that as good as Season One, is there will never be a Season Two, or at least a movie to tie up loose ends!

Sway
Sway
1 year 18 days ago

I am so irritated to have found your site, but only because season 2 of this amazing show is no longer happening. I agree with many of the comments in favor of a season 2. My bigger draw and love of the show is that it was a western with strong female lead characters. There is a lot to admire about women that are able to survive the adversity of the time period; prosper, survive and be more than baby makers. I am thoroughly upset, especially since I spent this weekend streaming on Netflix.

keisha
keisha

this is madness!! this was a great show, I truly enjoyed it and I am dumbfounded as to why it was cancelled, eapecially since there is no word as to why it was cancelled. Can netflix or someone bring it back?!!!!!

Ania Halverson
Ania Halverson

I totally agree too… I want second season!!

Millie
Millie

I am getting sick and tired of the good shows they take off and I really like this show it should come back even if it’s on AMC or somebody else pick it up I would really like to see it back there taking hell on wheels off on AMC and that was a good one and now they’re taking this one they took justified off they’re taking all of the good ones there’s going to be nothing good to watch on TV

Lyn
Lyn

I happened upon the swries on Netflix, binge watched the season and have been awaiting a new season with great anticipation, please renew, is a good series, I am not a huge westerns fan, but I have been converted. Thank you Strange Empire
L.C.

kayla
kayla

PLEASE bring Strange Empire back i loved it i just happened upon it while looking for something worth watching i wish that there were more series and movies like this

Michelle
Michelle

Please make more really loved all the girl power

Wanda Parish
Wanda Parish

Keep it

williej911
williej911

My wife and I watched the entire first season last night, and now if I find out there is no 2nd season? Wtf….. we need to save it.

Nannyt
Nannyt

Need season two!!!!

Jennifer Arnold
Jennifer Arnold

I love this show plz bring back