Image: GSN

GSN has yet to announce the fate of Skin Wars Season 4

Release Date of #SkinWars S4: To be announced

Of all the types of art there are, Skin Wars is a show featuring artists whose canvas is the body. The reality show features a group of artists who are eliminated one by one throughout each episode, until the season finale determines the champion. It’s an interesting look at this style of art, and how the artists work under pressure to creative living masterpieces unlike anything else. The show is now into its third season. Anyone who has an interest in art or body painting will find this show to be very fascinating. The show returned for the third season on April 20, and has completed some pretty exciting assignments so far.

What are some of the unique assignments from this season?

One particularly exciting episode featured a trip to the aquarium, which inspired the challenge of creating waterproof designs. For a more inspirational episode, the contestants who remained did their work on breast cancer survivors. Another one included a swimwear competition, which had the contestants getting up close and personal with their models. One particularly challenging episode they had to paint models in both 2-D and 3-D poses which proved to be pretty interesting.

How are people reacting to the new season?

Viewers are finding the show to be very interesting and the art to be one of a kind. Having a living canvas makes for a totally different type of experience, which is what makes people so interested in the show. A lot of viewers don’t understand the practicality of body painting, so the show has a very niche market of viewers. It’s rated very high on IMDb.com with 7.4 stars out of ten, with the most viewers being females. It is rated highest with viewers who are under 18, and it is rated higher with viewers outside of the US than it is people inside the country.

When can people expect to see the next season of the show?

There has been no official announcement of a fourth season, and in order to stay on people’s televisions, they might need to do something to get some more viewers. There are many other similar shows to this that are rated much higher, but viewers are hoping they’ll add another dimension to the show to set it apart from the others. If it ends up coming back, it will likely air in mid to late spring in 2017.

Is this show good for families?

The show is interesting for families with older children who are interested in art and the different ways people can paint, and adapt to certain challenges. The challenges people encounter on this show are a good way for kids to see how others use their creativity to get to a desired final product. Some of the episodes, like the bathing suit one, may show more skin than some families want their children to see, but it is nothing inappropriate.

What are some similar shows to this?

There are several series showcasing various different types of artists that follow the same elimination round type of competition as #SkinWars. Face off is one of the highest rated,

with 8.2 IMDb.com stars, out of ten. This show features special effects makeup artists, combining makeup, body paint and latex to create mystical creatures. Featuring one of the judges from #SW, RuPaul’s All Stars Drag Race is rated at 8.3 stars, and is a show about drag stars and the makeup that goes into a successful costume. Best Ink is a competition show featuring tattoo artists as they create permanent, one-of-a-kind masterpieces on people’s skin.

26 Comments on "Skin Wars"

Levi Howard
Levi Howard

I am very Natural artist I put all my faith into art forms my strongest forte is freestyle art work but I never done spray painting on human art Canvas before but I am not nervous about it but I have a God given talent in driving things I use all my anger into my work and at target here in driving carts driving things comes easy as my art work is atomic warhead thats kind of anger I have inside of me

Kathy
Kathy

I love this show I have been waiting for it to come on and I have not heard of any thing no previous or anything so please let me know what is going on I am sick of seeing the same shows over I want the new shows and the new season.

Cathy Whitehead
Cathy Whitehead

Check out this friend of mine: Just Thad Designs on Facebook.

Teresa
Teresa

I just got done watching seasons 1-3 and I loved it! I can not wait for season 4

Jay Wynonna

I really am infatuated in love with the show skin wars it takes courageous people from around the world to paint models and transform them into something beautiful some people win and some people will go home it all depends who does the greatest art it takes time and effort on the contestant in the model they work with they are given so many hours to complete their work

Jay Wynonna

If I have the opportunity to be on skin wars hahaha what would I paint what would I create I will paint Something Beautiful that’s if my hands will let me paint

Kay
Kay

Can’t wait for season 4. Loved the other shows.

Britny brown
Britny brown

I love this show and the artist that comes in are amaxing and there art work. I started watching this show a month ago and I’m n love. I hope they do a season r.

Alice
Alice

I love this show please inform me when it is going to come out ?????

Roger Dowell
Roger Dowell

Awesome show. Its opened mine and my wifes up to a lot of beautiful art. Please continue this series please.

Sabrina Zehner
Sabrina Zehner

I am in love with this show and can’t wait to see what’s next.

Sadie
Sadie

I love skin wars…. can’t wait for season 4

S. Blanchard
S. Blanchard

GSN needs a good show family feud etc is getting old. I love Skin Wars never miss an episode. Clever idea for program. Hurry up please

Carrie James
Carrie James

I have been watching Skin Wars since the first episode and haven’t missed one yet. I love the show and hope it is going to continue. It is so inspiring to see how talented they are and the ideas the artist come up with.

JoPa
JoPa

I hope they bring it back. I need my fix of Skin Wars and Face Off!!!

Kendra
Kendra

I really enjoy Skin Wars and am looking forward to the next season.

Jean
Jean

I love Skin Wars, can’t wait for it to return, it’s so much fun and very entertaining, full of very talented contestant. I loved Rebecca as a hostess and the judges complimented her. I can’t wait for it’s return

Donna S.
Donna S.

I love this show!! Am hoping and waiting for season 4 !! Please !!

Dorothy Willis
Dorothy Willis

Love this show. Please rerun for another season

Caroline
Caroline

Love the show!! Can’t wait for season 4 to come out. Also, really hoping for lots more seasons after that as well.

colleen
colleen

I seen skin wars and WOW… love love love , so awesome can’t wait till it comes back. The beauty of ART.

Amanda
Amanda

Beautiful art love the judges and host all around good show.

Carolyn
Carolyn

Please bring on season 4!!! We need more paint and art in our lives!!!

Kristi johnson
Kristi johnson

I just started watching skin wars about two weeks ago, I was hooked the first show, I could not stop watching I just finished season 3 it was very uplifting to hear Ricks story soooooo happy he won, (1st male to take the win!!!!!!!!!) I love love Rebacca Romijn as a host, the judges are awesome, what RuPaul said to Rick at the finale brought tears to my eye’s!!!!!!! I have two boy’s 11 and 8 and they enjoy watching it with me!!!!!!!! I really hope there will be many more seasons to come, there needs to be more family oriented shows. Art is beautiful and soooooo important to introduce to children at a young age!!!!!!!!!! #skinwarsisbeautiful #loveart

Debby