Image: Hallmark Channel

No decision has been made as to when production of Signed, Sealed, Delivered Season 4 will resume

Release Date of #SSD S4: To be announced

Signed, Sealed, Delivered is a TV series airing in the United States and Canada, owned by Hallmark. The series follows four postal employees who go above and beyond to deliver undeliverable mail, or “dead letters”. In many cases the mail changes the recipient’s life, clearing the names of the innocent and reuniting lost loves. While not technically part of their usual jobs, Oliver, Shane, Rita, and Norman consider it their calling to hunt down the recipients, no matter how long it takes. Hallmark has not chosen to discontinue the show after the first season, but rather has chosen to rebrand it and air it as a full length film rather than a series. The new full-length films air on the Movies & Mysteries channel.

As Hallmark is now releasing SSD as a full-length film series, there is much more time allotted to discovering the secrets of the mail. It’s not surprising that Hallmark decided to give the series more time, as the pilot episode was 72 minutes, and it seemed like a squeeze to cut the following episodes down to 42 minutes each. So far #SignedSealedDelivered has been shown for five full-length shows. While the larger time slot may be better for plot development, there has been a drop in viewings since the show became a full-length feature. Before the change, there was no episode under 1 million views, with the pilot episode leading at 1.72 million views. In contrast, the new films have garnered only about 700-800 thousand views per film. It is uncertain how Hallmark will react to this, but clearly, the fans enjoyed the shorter episodes more than the full-length showings. This could potentially lead to the show’s cancellation, if not resolved. The viewings are still significant, but time will tell if they will be significant enough for the show to continue.

The reason SSD was such a success in the beginning is the drastic nature of the plot. Some would consider mail to be very mundane and boring, but the Postables prove that the mail can be life changing and even dangerous. During Episode 8, one of the recipients of a dead letter is almost driven to murder by the contents. There are almost endless possibilities for plot lines, as the contents of the dead letters are usually completely unexpected. There have been a few side plot lines among the Postables, but the focus will change with each new dead letter, eliminating any continuing main plot.

There have been guest stars throughout the series and full-length films, but the main characters of the show have stayed the same thus far. Hallmark will likely be looking to draw in more fans to the full-length shows, and a cast addition or change may be just the thing to give #SignedSealedDelivered back its original spark. A true cast change may not even be necessary, if the original characters convince their comrade to rejoin. It was Shane that started the entire project of hunting down the recipients of dead letters during the pilot episode, but what if Shane chose to leave the Postables? This would certainly

complicate the team’s goal. Granted, this may be too drastic of a change for #SSD, but it is also a possibility to add a new member to the team. There would still be drama and conflict due to adjustment, but this would prevent any alienation of the fan base.

#SSD full length films can be watched on the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel, and the TV show episodes are available to stream on Amazon and Itunes.

42 Comments on "Signed, Sealed, Delivered"

katherine woodrum
katherine woodrum

I love this show so so much. It is my absolute favorite. It is so wonderful to see a good show with faith attatched to it these days. It gives me hope and makes my days brighter. Life can be so hard at times that it is great to see people with my own faith make it through tough times. Even though it is just a show, it means a lot to me. I love the cast so much. Thank you

linda
linda

the only reason I watch hallmark movies and mysteries is Signed,Sealed,Delivered and the Christmas movies. please more Oliver and Shane. love,love,love the show.

Raquel
Raquel

I love this show i watch them over and over please continue it is do nice to watch movies with Faith included God bless

Penni
Penni

Loved the last episode of this season. I have my passport ready, and I am learning more to “trust the timing” meaning God’s timing. Thanks to all involved in producing this show with a quiet but evident Christian message.

Ramona Cousins
Ramona Cousins

Please give me a season 4 of Signed Sealed Delivered ASAP. I have become so hooked and am so sad that there is not another one in the works yet. I keep watching the same ones over and over but never tire of them. Love the cast and it is so refreshing to be able to watch a series with such strong ties to faith. They really make me think about things I’ve never thought of before. Love love love this show! Please give us more. I think the world needs more shows like this!!

Ellen Borden
Ellen Borden

I absolutely love this show! When it moved from a weekly show to the feature movies I made it a point to be available to watch. I do NOT want it to be cancelled since it is one of the reasons I still watch Hallmark, this is truly a refreshing show with a real storyline we can all learn from

Josie Lind
Josie Lind

Best tv series and movies ever. Miss seeing them on a more regular basis

Petra Moraga the same
Petra Moraga the same

I’m eager to find out when the season 4 starts this is one of my most favorite this is When Calls the Heart are my favorites please please renew it

Jade Pedersen
Jade Pedersen

I love these movies, they cannot cancel them yet. especially when we are waiting for a Shane and Oliver official kiss and relationship!!!!!

Kathy Deese
Kathy Deese

One if my favorite shows. The characters are the best . Please bring it back I have recorded all previous shows and have watched them all a dozen times

dee
dee

Please don’t the show. It’s my favorite, I watched and recorded the shows so I can watch them over and over. I’m on pins and needles. waiting for Oliver and Shane to kiss. I’ve been waiting for a Christmas show so PLEASE don’t leave it as a cliffhanger. Thank you for your time. Dee’s nutz

Gayle Burnett
Gayle Burnett

This is the best series of movies and I love all the actors. I would hate for any of them to leave. I love the extra length of each film and am sad to see each episode end.

Linda Prater
Linda Prater

Please keep this show on – It’s one of my favorites – very inspirational!!

Mary Sparks
Mary Sparks

I really love this show it’s one of the best show with faith love and hope on it. It is a great family show.

Jen Das
Jen Das

Signed Sealed Delivered is a fantastic movie series that successfully combines serious subject matter with warmth, comedy and plot lines that never fail to deliver. I can’t imagine Hallmark letting such quality writing and acting go. The characters are so real and the fans are so devoted. It really is a jewel in Hallmark’s crown.

djaneal
djaneal

S/S/D’s holiday special from, last year has got to be one of the best two hours I have spent over the holidays. I watched it over and over and asked my family and friends to join me. Thank goodness your channel supports a show that wasn’t afraid to leave “CHRIST” in christmas, by including the nativity story line. Martha Williamson provided a wonderful and touching show that explored all the different feelings the Postables were experiencing as they tried to answer a very big question presented by a little girl. I cry every time I have watched this show because of the believable connection between the show’s characters. I love every one of the shows and have been a fan since the beginning. If one vote makes a difference, please count mine with others that are hoping and praying that this show continues on for a very long time. Best regards, and Happy New Year 2017.

Joan A
Joan A

I have to agree with all the other comments I’ve read so far. This is a great show, one of the best in a long time and my all time favorite- I really love it!. The characters are great and the stories are clean, heartfelt, and feel good stories- we need more of this and a whole lot less violence. I too like the fact that it touches on faith in God. I have purchased the older series and have some recorded on my DVR too so I can watch them when I need a lift in my spirits. PLEASE do not cancel this series, it’s the greatest…. Thanks!

Sarah
Sarah

I love the show and definitely the cast. It is nice to have movies that are down to earth instead of all the futuristic stuff out there. I hope Hallmark continues this movie series.

Lisa
Lisa

Love this show.

Charles Aschenbeck
Charles Aschenbeck

Great Series, we are so looking hopefully for a season 4.

barbara ann hines
barbara ann hines

please don;t take signed ;sealed and delivered off the air I love this show I am 63 and I look forward to this show all the time thank you Barbara ann Hines

Gayle garrett
Gayle garrett

Love this show, thank you for for bringing a show that all can watch, reminds me of long days ago when TV was fun and enjoyable, please keep this going, it makes me happy💗🙏

Felix
Felix

Best thing on tv got hallmark becouse of sighed s, d if it goes so will halmark

margarita
margarita

I enjoy the show all the movies too please continue this show .

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

I saw a report that Signed Sealed Delivered has been renewed for 2017-18 for three new movies.

J T Johnson
J T Johnson

It is one of the best shows on TV. Well worth watching. Always has a worthwhile message.

Lynnette
Lynnette

Love this show

Denise B
Denise B

I watched a few of the signed, sealed and delivered movies this past December when I was finally able to get the hallmark movies and mysteries channel. Any chanceall the ones I missed will be aired again?

Pat Versaci
Pat Versaci

I love this show. I have seen everyone of them since it first aired on hallmark channel

Helen
Helen

I think the show should continue it’s a joy to watch. Rita and Norman engaged. Shane and Oliver starting a relationship. We are up in the air.what will happen next. Will things would out or will conflicts arise. We need more

Joyce
Joyce

I love this show I hope season 4 comes out soon !

Victoria
Victoria

SSD allows a little crazy in a predictable who is it. The characters are not routine . That’s what makes them endearing. Hallmark should allow other types of mystery. I like the girl power serials but SSD allows some male figures back in the limelight. What happened to the strong male movies? Maybe John Stamos needs a job too. Love SSD.

Judi
Judi

Please continue with this series. We love it.

Regina Tapp
Regina Tapp

Reason for viewing plunge is the channel change. Fewer viewers have movies and mysteries channel than original hallmark station. Should move it back to hallmark.

Pamela Senn
Pamela Senn

Signed Sealed & Delivered is the only reason I watch the Hallmark channel. I love the show and have recorded the entire series which I have watched over and over.

Angela
Angela

I love this show very much!!! I think the viewings are down because folks don’t realize when it is on because the movies are aired so far apart. Weekly shows are advertised like crazy and consistent so people know to watch for them. My two favorite shows are SSD and When Calls The Heart! My only complaint is how long Hallmark keeps us waiting for more!

Monica
Monica

I love this show so much! Please don’t stop making them! It’s nice to have something on tv worth watching.

Judy Honson
Judy Honson
1 month 29 days ago

Signed, Sealed, Delivered is my most favorite show. I especially like the full length movies. I’m a writer & I enjoy stores that continue so I really like this group of movies. Please don’t stop creating them & please continue producing them. It is really refreshing to watch a ‘clean’ show without any dirty hidden meanings, & especially I love it because it gives us an insight into loving the Lord Jesus more & desiring to live for Him. Thank you for allowing me to write this to you.

Janette
Janette
1 month 7 days ago

This is a wonderful show that no one can find!!! When it returns it is only be accident that we find it. If it were on a more regular basis, whether it be hour long or movie length, viewership would be more predictable. Please bring it back………..on regular basis with the same cast. Several in our family watch and wait for this.

Judy
Judy

Please don’t stop producing this show! My friends and I love it so much! Can’t wait for new episodes. Please hurry!

Carole Brochu
Carole Brochu

I love thés series.

Carole Brochu
Carole Brochu

J’adore cette sĂ©rie, elle me fait du bien. Les personnages sont attachants et sincères. J’espère qu’il y aura d’autres saisons de cette magnifique sĂ©rie.