Gravity Falls is an amusing animation adventure and comedy series suitable for all the family to enjoy together, with the younger generation enjoying it the most. The TV series is written by Jack Fitzgerald and started on the Disney Channel with the first season in 2012 and is currently in season 3.What’s It All About?
#GravityFalls is where Mabel and Dipper Pines get sent for the whole summer as this is where their great uncle Stand owns a shop. The town is located in Oregon and in the woods Dipper comes across a journal. It is through the journal that the pair learns the hidden and strange secrets of the town and where their adventures begin, and suddenly the town is anything but boring.What’s Been Happening?
Season 1 of #GF saw Dipper and Mabel going out in a search for a sea monster, making a wax sculpture, coming up against ghosts, getting help from Manotaurs, doing some time travelling and finding a bottomless pit.
In season 2, among other things, the pair tackles a miniature golf course, put on a rock opera sock puppet show, fight a futuristic battle and watch as their uncle is jailed by government agents.What’s In Store?
Season 2 episode 12 will be shown on July 13 2015 and has the title of A Tale of Two Stan’s. It will see Stanley and Standford, the two Pine brothers being reunited along with their history explained through flashbacks.
Episode 13 is the final episode of season 2 and it has the title of Dungeons, Dungeons and More Dungeons. But is there going to be a season 3?
Season 2 is going to end on something of a cliffhanger, with Stan not being the only child, he has a secret brother, and this means fans of the TV series want a season 3. However at the moment there hasn’t been any confirmation about when we can expect to see the new series. But the good news at least is that we do know that GF is going to have a season 3.Trivia and Facts
- Did you know that the duffel bag of Dipper shows the word Piedmont during the first opening credits scene?
- Did you know that #GF was based around the childhood of Alex Hirsch and his sister?
- Did you know that Mabel is just five minutes older than Dipper?
- Did you notice Bigfoot makes an appearance in the woods for a fraction of a second during the opening credits?
- Did you know that the number 618 is repeated throughout the series?
- Did you realize that the promotional image which shows Mabel and Dipper walking on a tree is actually a huge foot and that foot has six toes? This also happens to be the amount of fingers on the hand shown on Journal 3.
- Did you realize that at the end of the theme song for the show it shows a picture featuring a triangle shaped figure and that figure has just one eye, wears a bow tie and a hat?
- Did you know that the Oregon Vortex was the inspiration for the Mystery Shack in the TV series and this was an attraction that Hirsch used to visit when he was at college?
- Did you know that all of the shows backgrounds are made with Adobe Photoshop?
- Did you known that GF is going to be made into a 3DS game and the game will make use of the Rayman engine? The game will be made by Ubisoft and it will have the title of Legend of Gnome Gemulets and it will be launched this fall.Advertisement
If you would like to watch #GravityFalls from the beginning you can watch it episode by episode on Google Play and Amazon.
Have you fallen in love with Mabel and Dipper in Gravity Falls and can you wait for the next season to arrive? Let us know your thoughts about the TV series in the comments section.