Image: Netflix

Season 3 of Grace and Frankie debuted on March 24, 2017

S3 Started March 24, 2017

Grace and Frankie is an American comedy series, which airs primarily on Netflix. The original series stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin in these title roles of Grace and Frankie. The series focuses on these two characters, who together form an unlikely friendship after they learn that their husbands are in love with each other and have secret plans of getting married to one another. The second season of the show premiered on May 6th, 2016. Back in December of 2015, Netflix announced that the show would be renewed for a third season. The official release date for the third season has not been released yet.

Who is the crew behind the production of the show?

Marta Kauffman and Howard J Morris create the comedy series. Executive Producers of the show include Marta Kauffman, Howard J Morris, Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Paula Weinstein, Dana Goldberg, DavidElison, and Marcy Ross. The editor of the series is Michael Jablow. The production company behind the series is Skydance Television and Okay Goodnight.

What is the show about?

As you can imagine by the title of the series, the two main characters are GF. Grace is a “retired cosmetics mogul” while Frankie is a “hippie art teacher”. The two leading ladies both have husbands who work as successful divorce lawyers in San Diego. Somewhere along the way, the two gentlemen fall in love with each other and decide that they are going to marry one another. Before this love affair occurred, neither of the women really liked each other, but they come to be good friends once they are fully forced in to each other’s lives.

How long is each episode of the show?

The approximate running time of each episode is 25 to 32 minutes.

How has the show been received thus far?

The show has received mixed reviews thus far. The show has been applauded for its “stellar casting” but has been critiqued on a “cliché storyline” as well as “sloppy dialogue”. However, despite mixed reviews, the show was renewed for a third season before the second one even premiered. The second season received better reviews than the first season did. There has also been some controversy outside of the show regarding the salaries of the actors working on the show and the discrepancies between the incomes of the males’ stars versus the female stars. It has certainly sparked much conversation about pay inequality.

What can we expect to see in the third season?

We already know for a fact that #GraceFrankie will be coming back for a third season. At the end of the second season, we saw #GF go in to business together making vibrators even though it is absolutely disturbing to their children. They are also once again faced with a situation where they must deal with the “incompetence of their ex-husbands”. What does this mean for the season three? Will their vibrator making business turn out to be a successful endeavor? Will their ex-husbands continue to haunt their lives? Will their friend Babe survive throughout the season after receiving her cancer diagnosis? What other

curveballs will life throw the girls?

We want to hear from you!

Have you tuned in for the first two seasons? Will you tune in to Netflix to watch the third season? Do you think Netflix will renew the series for a fourth season? Do you think the series or cliché or original? Do you have any other thoughts on the series? Please weigh in and let us know what you think!

As always, stay tuned for updates!

#GraceAndFrankie season three premiere date announced in cheeky teaser :)

138 Comments on "Grace and Frankie"

beegee
beegee

Awesome, awesome, awesome…what more can you say!!! Wholesome comedy about gals my friends and my age group. Sit back with a glass of wine and enjoy.

Kathryn

Loved your comment. Really I loved that smoking pot and lube talk is wholesome. I say that with smile on my face. Whos cloths do you like more? I love Frankie’s my friendlikes Graces.

Cherie

Frankie!!

Kathryn

A spoiler alert could have been used for describing season 2. LOVE THIS SHOW. No matter what the critics say I feel every episode was good. If it was cliche and campy then that what I like. All acting is great. At first seeing Sam Waterson I didn’t think the show with work for me. I’m a great fan of original law and order. Amazed at how quickly I saw Sam Waterson as Sol.

Kathryn

We need Dolly. Great to see Rita Moreno

Donna
Donna

Fantastically Funny, as well as filled with sensitivity and heart! Just a great show! Will be looking forward to the upcoming Season 3 in 2017

Susan
Susan

I love this show! It is true that it’s not written as well as some of the newer stuff out there but the topics are relevant, the fun is relevant and I get the messages. I just wish there were two seasons a year instead of one. Normally there is one in the fall and one in the spring. I’m bummed that I have to wait til May 2017. In the meantime I just started watching “House of Cards”. You can’t watch too much of that at one time, it’s jading, as good as it is. I want more episodes of Grace and Frankie! I need to laugh!

Joysie
Joysie

Love this show!!! I want to be friends with Frankie!!!

Cherie

Me too!!

Dawn
Dawn

Can’t wait for season 3!!! =)

Nancy Lowrie
Nancy Lowrie

I love the show, actors and story. Keep them coming!

Christina

Love love love… I started watching this show over the summer so I had season 1 and 2 to watch and I couldn’t put it down I watched it all in about a week. I am super excited for season 3. I can NOT wait. Jane Fanda is awesome in this show. She is one of my favorite actresses. And Lily Tomlin is super funny they bring the best out in each other in this show for sure. ❤️

Linda h
Linda h

This is the funniest show I’ve ever seen!!! I have gotten all my friends addicted to it from ages 40 to 60. We have all seen both seasons twice and cannot wait for season 3. We want more episodes too

Michele
Michele

I fell in love with this show! Lily Tomlin is hilarious. Jane Fonda is great. Love the characters. Even the kids. Subject matter is fantasic(vibrators)! Just a wonderful show. Can’t wait for season 3.

Susan
Susan

I love this show ! Great humor, acting and topics! Keep them coming!

Sue Jasper
Sue Jasper

We tried Netflix on a trial basis because there is nothing good to watch on regular tv. Grace and Frankie is the first and only thing we watched and finished both episodes in about a week and I can’t believe the 3rd season isn’t coming out until next May and I really can’t believe it appears from what I have read elsewhere that the male characters, who aren’t nearly as good as Lilly or Jane are paid more. My god I thought at least Jane Fonda, one of the best actresses of our time and Lilly Tomlin, probably the funniest person of her generation who is proving to be an exceptional actress have proven no matter what their gender that they are carrying the show and are definitely worth more money than the boys. I was at least hoping the old boys club was dead in the entertainment industry. This is the funniest and most heartwarming show I have seen since I can remember. Please release season 3 sooner.

Brenda
Brenda

I agree with Sue on everything!!! I do LOVE this show!!!!

Doreen
Doreen

I LOVE…LOVE Grace and Frankie!!!! I’m not a TV person but I am so anxious for season 3!!! I have introduced the show to so many of my girlfriends and they are LOVING the show!!!!

Big Fan
Big Fan

I love the show!!!! Actually, I have binged watched each season and was so disappointed when it was over. Can’t wait till Season 3! I’m disappointed to hear the rumor that the male actors are paid more. Jane and Lilly are my main reason for watching. The men are necessary props to make the show work. To me their acting feels contrived, not natural…especially Martin Sheen. Can’t wait for season 3! (Oh, did I say that already? lol)

Kimberly
Kimberly

Love the show….so happy to see Sam Elliott….that voice moves me!!! Looking forward to
season 3!!!

Lisa
Lisa

Please make more episodes per seasons !

Barb
Barb

The best….can’t wait for season 3

Ticia Miller
Ticia Miller

Best show in years ! Ibwould rather watch reruns of Frankie and Grace than a new episode or rerun of anything else !

Linda Marshall
Linda Marshall

All I can say I havn’t laughed so much at a series in a long time. They have to keep it coming. Love the story line Go seniors !

Pam Sherwood
Pam Sherwood

I want it now. Not sure I can hold on till may. I want more

Shelleysezso
Shelleysezso

More, more, more, please!!!

Tricia
Tricia

Love this show can’t wait to see Season 3

Gwen
Gwen

We absolutely love this show! Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin are superb! I can’t wait till season three starts! More, more, more!

Cherie
Cherie

I binged watched both seasons and I am craving more! Absolutly love it!

Cherie

I love this show!! I binged watched both seasons with my sister and we laughed, cried, and we want more!

Randi
Randi

I can’t wait for the next season. I really like this show.

LINDA KLENOTIC
LINDA KLENOTIC

This show is one of the few I watch on Netflix. Tremendous writing and acting make this the BEST…….I HAVE’T LAUGHED THIS MUCH SINCE MY DIVORCE……KEEP IT COMING PLEASE !!!

Ginger
Ginger

I love this show! I’ve binge watched the first two seasons and waiting impatiently for Season Three!

Cathy
Cathy

I absolutely LOVE this show! Powerhouse cast, brilliant writing. One of the very few shows I can binge on!

Kathi G
Kathi G

Am hoping they will start doing double seasons each year….everyone I know who has ever tuned in is immediately hooked….it’s fun adult entertainment, with an hysterical story line….America needs more of this kind of TV….

Nancy stillwell
Nancy stillwell

OMG, this show is super great. I love Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin. They play off of each other so great just like back when they stared in 9 to 5 with Dolly Parton. Great pair up.

Tammie
Tammie

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SHOW!!! Its so dysFUNctional perfect in our today world!!

kimm
kimm

Could you please , PLEASE, crank these out faster. i just discovered this show and binge watched them all over the weekend…NOW I’m suffering with drawl.
Well written and the characters are wonderful and have such depth, the more you watch the more you see layers of each of them. Please keep them coming and a bit faster if possible. I can’t remember when I have enjoyed a show so much.

j. beetz
j. beetz

Love the series!! I did the “binge” watching and finished seasons 1 & 2 in 2 sittings. The casting was superb – in my humble opinion – from the lead characters to the kids, friends, and other love interests. I adored the characters, story line, the beach – ok. Everyone and everything. I’m thrilled to learn that there will be a season 3, and if it’s as good as 1&2, I’ll be hoping for season 4!!!

Crysh
Crysh

I love this show! It is such a joy to watch – I can’t wait for season 3!

Bonnie
Bonnie

Love this show! Please keep on air!

Marcia
Marcia

I love the show. It is very entertaining and funny. I hope its around for a very long time.

Sharon Miller
Sharon Miller

This is absurd. Why wait so long? We want to see it now. Clearly, someone wants to kill the show.

Penny
Penny

Love it can’t wait for 3rd season and 4th, 5th and so forth. Better than anything on network tv

Helen
Helen

I agree

Helen
Helen

Can’t wait for season 3. Best series ever …..realistic, hilarious and different.. My favorite of all times.

Helen
Helen

I watched a new episode every night and miss it . Every woman I know loves it and wants more !!

Joe1948
Joe1948

Show just makes me laugh! Love all the characters. Can’t wait for season 3.

Mimimem2012@gmai.com
[email protected]

Yipppee

ladylorraine
ladylorraine

Can’t wait until May! release sooner ~ Please?

Jeanne
Jeanne

My mother and I love this show! We watched season 1 and 2 in 4 days. We couldn’t stop watching it. We laugh ’till we cry! The relationship between Grace and Frankie is what makes the show. It is too long in between the seasons though.

Bev
Bev

i agree way to long between seasons… as much as I love this show The wait is painful. Best sitcom in years

Sue
Sue

Funny yet done with a sense of the character’s heartfelt emotions. Some real issues dealt with humorously.
Love the cast except for Martin Sheen – he isn’t believable to me in this role. Just my opinion. Looking forward to season 3.

Alene
Alene

I agree. Martin Sheen seems pretty stiff.

Nancy
Nancy

I simply CANNOT wait until May to resume watching this fantastic show – how can they do that to us?! Best show in eons, totally addicted, love all the characters!! (especially Grace and Frankie).

Sarah
Sarah

This is by far one of the best things I’ve ever seen on TV!! The cast is spectacular!! I laugh aloud every single episode!!! Can’t say enough good about it, a must watch for everyone! Cannot wait for season 3!

Joy
Joy

My best friend introduced me to Frankie and Grace. We did a all-nighter and watched the first two seasons and I love both their personalities. The men are great in their roles as well. I cannot wait for Season 3 and another marathon of TV.