Image: Destination America

The fate of Ghost Asylum Season 4 remains up in the air

Release Date of #GhostAsylum S4: To be announced

Venturing into the realms of the unknown and mysterious, reality show Ghost Asylum follows a group of professional ghost hunters called the Tennessee Wraith Chasers who visit some of the spookiest places in the United States. The show is now into its third season, and though they’ve visited many haunted places, there is no shortage of frightening footage and spooky sounds that they have caught. What sets #GhostAsylum apart from other paranormal shows is that they set out to capture the spirits, in complete Ghostbusters style. They have state of the art equipment that will help them catch a ghost and record it for analysis. The show airs on Destination America and is a must see for anyone who questions the noises they hear, and wonder just what are the things that go bump in the night.

Where do they plan to visit during season three?

Season three is the first to bring the team off of solid ground, as they visit a haunted destroyer called the U.S.S Edson that is docked in Michigan. The ship served during the Vietnam War, and regardless of its ghostly activity, the ship has a vast history which is why it is featured at the Saginaw Valley Naval Ship Museum. They also have plans to visit a couple other hospitals, including the Old South Pittsburg Hospital in Tennessee, and the Peoria State Hospital in Illinois. The Chasers will also be visiting the Missouri State Penitentiary and the Castillo de San Marcos with the rest of the lineup to be determined.

Who are the Tennessee Wraith Chasers?

The Tennessee Wraith Chasers are a group of five men who take a light-hearted approach to their ghost hunting, and try to either disprove or validate each case they encounter. The group was founded in 2009 by Christopher Smith, who became interested in paranormal activity after his own encounter with it years prior. This interest led him to win a spot on SyFy’s Ghost Hunter’s Academy. Alongside him is his co-founder Steven McDougal, who serves as the comic relief for the show. Scott Porter is the historian, who researches the places they visit as well as handling the team’s canine unit. Brannon Smith is the brain behind the team, but mostly behind the concept of the traps, while Chasey Ray McKnight engineers the traps.

Do they actually ever communicate or capture a ghost?

This really comes down to whether or not people believe in ghosts and paranormal activity. For many, the encounters they have can easily be explained away scientifically, but for believers, sometimes believing is the only option. They have claimed to pick up on ghostly communications in the past, and have believed that many of their spur of the moment ghost trap ideas actually worked and resulted in the capturing of a spirit. In the research phase of a certain location, the team picks up on clues that they can then later apply to their investigation. If they learn the name of a person who may have died in a particular room in a deserted hospital, they use that when they attempt to communicate, and often experience another spirit in the room at that point.

Are there any other shows about ghosts that are

worth checking out?

When it comes to ghost hunting, there is really no shortage of shows to watch to learn everything possible about the concept of ghost hunting. Ghost Hunters is one of the most popular in the style, as it similarly follows one group of paranormal researchers who investigate haunted houses. Ghost Adventures is a highly rated Travel Channel show that follows a group as they investigate some of the scariest places in the world.

87 Comments on "Ghost Asylum"

Maria Murray
Maria Murray

We sure miss Ghost Asylum. We hope you will be back very soon!

Kliss
Kliss

Let me know when it will be released on Amazon. (GHOST ASYLUM )

Susan

Please bring it back on soon, we miss the boys from Tennessee !

Brooke M Wilkinson
Brooke M Wilkinson

This is by far my favorite ghost show! More legit the the other ones. Please hurry back!

Deana Casey
Deana Casey

Like this show very much. Please let it renew for the forth season & many more to come.

TED

One of the very few shows I actually log online weekly to see if there is any “official” word on the renewal of the show. Tremendous! Entertainment owns the show & we all know Destination America airs the show. I was surprised at how long it has been since we’ve heard ANYTHING about this show. Earlier today I did read an article that was written as though the show WAS coming back but no official word has been forthcoming. I was very surprised Destination America didn’t have the Tennessee Wraith Chasers have another special Halloween show. A LIVE show is too problematic, expensive and many times just too slow to keep an audience. All of the paranormal investigation shows we’ve watched have things happening all the time, it seems, but we forget how much recorded material ends on the video editor’s “floor” so that we don’t have to wait an hour for another interesting or scary bit. We found out the Ghost Brothers has officially been renewed for a Season 2 to start early 2017 so I’m hoping the next announcement is for Ghost Asylum. These guys seem like down to earth guys that haven’t allowed success to go to their heads like some other paranormal teams that are now suffering because of it. It does seem like the paranormal is no longer “the” HOT genre of new TV shows. Since Ghost Hunters 10+ year run is about to come to an end hopefully a different paranormal TV show will become the new “belle of the ball”. I think Chasey would look GREAT in a prom dress, stilettos & a tiara, don’t you!

Lorraine
Lorraine

Too funny , right Chasey

Terry Boyd
Terry Boyd

Ghost Asylum is the ONLY show I watch regarding paranormal investigations. The guys are the best..

Hope Stern
Hope Stern

I absolutely love this show and wouldn’t miss it for anything! Please bring it back for a new season.

Timster
Timster

Please come back on !!!!! The Networks seem to be cancelling all the good Ghost hunt shows.

Jeremy Blake C
Jeremy Blake C

There are plenty of ghost shows out there. One always trying to out do the other. These guys with their sounthern, down to earth approach makes it easy to watch. I mean, who would you rather hear talkin to a ghost? City slicks? Or chasey? They never try to ‘bully’ like I have seen these other people do. And the word De-bunked… Should NEVER stick around very long. GA , TWO SEASON 4 PLEASE?!?

Carol McDowell
Carol McDowell

Please renew Ghost Asylum! It is the best paranormal show on TV!!!!!!!!

LISA Delancey
LISA Delancey

Please don’t drop them! ! They are good men, I think it’s funny how they interact with each other. Kids can watch them. They’re family oriented. BRING THEM BACK PLEASE.

Dorothy Thompson
Dorothy Thompson

You guys are awesome!!!! Please come back soon, Ghost Asylum is the best paranormal show ever and I really miss watching this show.

Rcairnes
Rcairnes

I love the show bring it back these are a great group of guys would love to go with them on a hunt one time!!

mama
mama

please keep this program

Sky
Sky

I love this show. Please come back soon!!!

Anonymous
Anonymous

Would like to add to your post. As of Tuesday Dec. 20 2016 Season 4 has aired and contains 10 episodes. Season 5 will be in 2017.

Sara
Sara

Please let us have a season 4

Patricia

Bring back Ghost Asylum back. I like them to come up new England. I like these guys!!!

Peggy Douglas
Peggy Douglas

Love this show looking forward to seeing it again.

Claire littler
Claire littler

Please hurry its the best i miss it, i need it bk in my life x

Niki
Niki

I love this show…I am a terrified believer there are spirits around us both good and bad….There is not enough bourbon on the planet for me to go into a haunted space…cannot wait for the next season.. please hurry back on…..love watching the re-runs because I always see something that I previously missed as I watch mostly threw my fingers….miss seeing the guys..Please bring them back soon….

Sherry
Sherry

I’m a true and firm believer of my big guy, so when they fist pump to him I know it’s a good clean paranormal show that’s not gonna have constant beeps when they’re talking. I love this show, PLEASE bring it back. We need more shows that has prayer first, alot of laughter and brotherhood. CLEAN

Laura
Laura

Please don’t cancel the only show I look for on Sunday nights. I love watching the show , especially when I see how I inventive these gentle men red-necks are. I love them. I hope to see the new episodessoon. Love Them!

Genevieve Gottschalk
Genevieve Gottschalk

I really miss your show . I’ve been waiting for y’all to return so please please return!!!! I have been extremely interested in paranormal for a long time and watch every show. However you guys are my favorite of all your way of doing things are so unique it is by far the best show out there ! I even saw you win the show by Ghost adventure did there challenge for a show spot and have been even more so with the way y’all really do things ! PLEASE COME BACK!!!!!

Beatrice
Beatrice

Please renew. One of the best shows on TV today!!

Winter

Ghost Asylum is one of the best programs on television. Hoping for a new season very soon.

Jan

Please bring them back!!! They are the best!!! I’m a Tennessee native and they are true blue!!!

Maria
Maria

How come Ghost Asylum has not come back yet? We sure miss the show.

Gerald Killian
Gerald Killian

I really hope this show comes back! It is great to watch and I look forward to watching it each week. The guys do a great job! So please bring them back!

Deb L
Deb L

Please renew Ghost Asylum fora fourth season!! These guys are the best!! I love that they are not afraid to pray to “The Big Man” on national television. They are not embarassed of their faith! Plus, I really like how genuine they all are.

rex smith
rex smith

Yes, ya’ll need to bring it back. Great show and i look forward to watching it. Also glad to see that Ghost Brothers is coming back. Love them both.Keep it up Destination America, love your channel!

Amy Flowers
Amy Flowers

Love the show and the guys. Please renew for season 4.

Lisa Cupples
Lisa Cupples

Renew Ghost Asylum! I love their dedication and professionalism. I’m waiting patiently…or not so patiently.

Beatrice
Beatrice

This is one of the most authentic shows on seeking the truth about the supernatural ihave ever seen and miss this show. Please put it back on soon!!!!

Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Please renew!!!! My daughter and I LOVE this show! We have a workout routine to the show: 50 sit ups when they “give a fist bump to the big man”. Burpees everytime someone says “whoa dude”. Jumping Jacks when Doogie has a personal interaction of some sort. My daughter even came up with the Christmas tune…”it’s beginning to look a lot like Chris Smith”!

Donna Skeenes
Donna Skeenes

The guys are awesome!!!! I enjoy watching the show.

Niki
Niki

Why are we still waiting…miss seeing the boys…this is such a great show….please put this show back on…

Kimberly

Plz bring it back. It’s the best ghost hunting show out there.

Nancy

Ghost asylum is great…I also watch Paranormal Lockdown which is very similar….I totally believe in spirits being stuck here..Too many things happen for it to be fake

Kimberley
Kimberley

This is an intelligent heart felt show. I love this group. I’ve been watching them since they started. Why would you have some of the shows you do and not this one. Please renew.

Beverly
Beverly

Did they at least start making the episodes of season 4?

Sharpton Helms
Sharpton Helms

This is the one show that I think is lagate I TOTALLY believe that there are spirit’s good and bad and I TOTALLY love the.show and also the humor towards the end and also praying to God BEFORE they enter a place that is why I believe that they are the real Mc.couys and especially when the prayers are in Jesus Name AMEN I HOPE the show continues

Sarah
Sarah

This show is the best paranormal show on TV. More creditable than most on TV. Some of the shows on now are a joke. Too interested in being funny and not serious about what they are doing. I can’t believe it has taken Destination America this long to decide! Please see that it is renewed!

Candi
Candi

Oh please bring the ghost asylum back. I love this show. It is 2nd of my favorites. Bring them guys back.

April
April

I sure hope you renew season 4. I just love watching this show.

Sher
Sher

Ghost Asylum is one of my favorite programs to watch. I love that they pray first, I’m hoping they renew season 4.

Tracy Childress
Tracy Childress

I love the show me made happy dance I only have watch we you come on thankyou

Tracy Childress
Tracy Childress

I live in Knoxville , tn I was born deaf now I wear ear implement cochlear so I able hear my TV for 6yr.ago

Keith
Keith

Please bring back the guys from TN. Its a great show if not the best ghost hunting show.